QuittingAdderall.com Forums

chest pain

Heather67

Yeah,yeah. I think it tells me that on the package too. Good lawwwwd another vice bites the dust....eventually. I think I feel a touch of the voodoo round here. Lol.

I chain-smoked liked hell on adderall- sometimes lighting the next one off the one I still had burning- about 1.5 to 2 packs a day.

I've only been off addy 7 days now, but I smoked only one pack of cigarettes in that time. It's like the urge to smoke is barely there anymore and doesn't feel as "rewarding" -- did you feel that way too? I'm thinking of quitting smoking soon altogether but wanna adjust to being without adderall first. Please let me know how it goes for you if you do decide to quit the cigs :)

• Like 1

I quit the cigs within a month of quitting adderall. It was just easier to make those big changes all at once for me. I found that Chantix was rather unpleasant, especially in early recovery so I would not recommend going that way, although it was incredibly effective but maybe I didn't need it in the first place.

I quit the cigs within a month of quitting adderall. It was just easier to make those big changes all at once for me. I found that Chantix was rather unpleasant, especially in early recovery so I would not recommend going that way, although it was incredibly effective but maybe I didn't need it in the first place.

Chantix scares the living shit out of me-- my sister tried it last year for quitting smoking and she described it as being chemically tortured. She said she felt horrific hostility, nightmares and suicidal ideation for the first time in her life. I'm sure everyone's experience with it is different, but I'm too scared to chance that after how hellish adderall became in the end.

I used Wellbutrin (as zyban) about 10 years ago and it was really helpful, but unfortunately I broke out in itchy hives all over my trunk after the 2nd week and had to stop it.

The smoking has way chilled out since being off addies ....Friday it'll be a month...wow! I do it...but yeah....its not at all the same!!!! Speed and nicotine are like Siamese twins..can't have one without the other...well ya can..but yeah...the urge is kinda squelches. Tho I had to go a couple hours without cigss yesterday...thought I was gonna loose my mind!!!! talk about edgy. Jesus!!

I chain-smoked liked hell on adderall- sometimes lighting the next one off the one I still had burning- about 1.5 to 2 packs a day.

I've only been off addy 7 days now, but I smoked only one pack of cigarettes in that time. It's like the urge to smoke is barely there anymore and doesn't feel as "rewarding" -- did you feel that way too? I'm thinking of quitting smoking soon altogether but wanna adjust to being without adderall first. Please let me know how it goes for you if you do decide to quit the cigs :)

I Don't think you'll find a better opportunity to quit cigarettes then right now. Just sayin...

• Like 1

totally agree... dunno why it was SO easy though. day 1 was hardest, but not at all that bad... hardest now is when I drink, I'll get momentary cravings, or other times when I'd normally have one... after jobs, after visiting fam, etc... but quitting cigs seemed to go hand in hand with quitting adderall n getting healthy. but of course you gotta be ready n decide. for me the last straw was that video I posted with the kids asking for a light. dunno why that did it but I was like "aaaand scene".