QuittingAdderall.com Forums

1 year anniversary adderall-free

roadtorecovery

Congratulations ! One year is AMAZING.

I am only on week 2, but this certainly was an inspirational post.

I already feel my personality is back. Not fully, but having an honest laugh is one of the best feelings to have back.

I do find myself comparing me sober to me on adderall.

I get sick everytime i look at pictures of me on adderall. My mind only recalls the 'good times' when i look at those photos.

I constantly compare my body now to my body on adderall. It is very hard to come to terms with the fact that i will never be the person that i was on that pill.

For the most part, that is a great thing...but in some ways i miss myself on it. For stupid reasons, like weight and the ability to be so detached from my emotions and other peoples feelings. But those are horrible things to miss.

Once againm congrats on being sober! You give me hope

• Like 1

Congratulations ! One year is AMAZING.

I am only on week 2, but this certainly was an inspirational post.

I already feel my personality is back. Not fully, but having an honest laugh is one of the best feelings to have back.

I do find myself comparing me sober to me on adderall.

I get sick everytime i look at pictures of me on adderall. My mind only recalls the 'good times' when i look at those photos.

I constantly compare my body now to my body on adderall. It is very hard to come to terms with the fact that i will never be the person that i was on that pill.

For the most part, that is a great thing...but in some ways i miss myself on it. For stupid reasons, like weight and the ability to be so detached from my emotions and other peoples feelings. But those are horrible things to miss.

Once againm congrats on being sober! You give me hope

this is exactly what I have been kinda going thru lately....sorta feeling super sluggish, kinda lumpy as I pack on a few more pounds and feel a little more matronly. And for fuck sakes a tan may help a little!!!! Fuck this Casper shit already....its crazy but I was thin..too much at points...I had long hair,a great tan...cute clothes in tiny sizes and I felt like I was a cool chick...not trying to be younger in a retarded way...but I felt younger than my age. Now......fuck...I feel 20 years older,I feel lumpy and dumpy. And rarely want to do that much...when my husbands shit got bad I had a freak moment and hacked the fuck outta my hair....its growing...I didn't go g.I Jane ...but I cut about 6-7 inches off. So I feel just like some lady now....its weird.

So I feel just like some lady now....its weird.

For all the women on this site: unless you're Joan Rivers or have thousands of dollars and endless time to spend on ever-increasing "repair and maintenance", becoming some lady is inevitable. The only thing that will make you feel better about this is the peace of knowing you've spent more time working on the inside than the outside, and it's starting to show.

I love this piece by Andy Rooney, bless his soul:

"A woman over 40 will never wake you in the middle of the night and ask, ‘What are you thinking?’ She doesn’t care what you think. If a woman over 40 doesn’t want to watch the game, she doesn’t sit around whining about it. She does something she wants to do, and it’s usually more interesting. Women over 40 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won’t hesitate to shoot you if they think they can get away with it. Older women are generous with praise, often undeserved. They know what it’s like to be unappreciated. Women get psychic as they age. You never have to confess your sins to a woman over 40. Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman over 40 is far sexier than her younger counterpart. Older women are forthright and honest. They’ll tell you right off you are a jerk if you are acting like one. You don’t ever have to wonder where you stand with her. Yes, we praise women over 40 for a multitude of reasons. Unfortunately, it’s not reciprocal. For every stunning, smart, well-coiffed, hot woman over 40, there is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow pants making a fool of himself with some 22-year old waitress. Ladies, I apologize."

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I like that bit, we all end up being a lady someday :) honestly it was hard not to get depressed reading this initially, being dumpy and tired sucks. And I feel soo dumpy. But then I remember, I was already gaining weight back, the stunning girl was already gone regardless of staying on it. I guess that's the thing we ladies need to remember? The illusion is just that, an illusion. What's not an illusion is acne, dried out skin, hollow eyes, and a strung out personality, oh and garbage term papers, those happen too. 20 lbs or losing the rest of your hair? Worst part is that I had to think about it. Thank you for your story. I want to make it a year.

• 2 weeks later...