QuittingAdderall.com Forums

12 Miles a Week Running Club

Greg

InRecovery,

25?! Super impressive. And occasional, dang woman, you really are doing this. Running off the anxiety is great. I don't think 12 miles is going to be any issue for you, obviously. I'll have to work on the planks. Heading to the gym in a little while to aim at getting my other 6 in. Keep you both posted. Good work!!!

• Like 1

Ok, that was the toughest run I've had in a loooong time. I think I died for a minute. I got 5.91 done in the first 60:00, then restarted the treadmill and did another 1.5, so I got 6 running in there, I'm pretty sure. Maybe spread my running out a little more :) I'm ready to take on the other stuff! I can promise you I would not have done 6 today, if I didn't know you both had done it. I'm 100% sure of that...ha.

• Like 2

6 miles in 60 minutes. That is awesome!

Hi fives around everyone. Great first week occasional!

I was reading an article about how running on a daily basis is so good for recovering addicts because it requires the skill of commitment and reinforces the comittment we need every day to stay clean. I have searched for the article again buy cannot find it. But I feel like some of the commitment from the forum carries over into our 12 mile running club. Anyway, good job everyone!

• Like 1

Great week people!!!  :) 

IR that article sounds great and definitely makes sense to me.  Running also helped me quit smoking years ago. And actually helped me quit adderall the first time around.

Quick update.  Saturday night I sprinted one mile (and walked another) and did 20 push ups.  It isn't much but in the moment I just felt inspired to push myself to go hard and fast for a short time.  :)   Anyone else?

Guest greg

This is InRecovery. I cannot post under my InRecovery name anymore. This started yesterday. Is this happening to anyone else? Did I reach my posting limit? I had to register a new account. Going to email mike to try and get it fixed.

Gr8 job Occasional1. I am about to head out for a run right now  :)

edit - im back with 3 miles under the belt.

hi five ashley! two and a half for me today bringing me to 5.5. 

I still can't get into my InRecovery account. It wont let me post and as soon as i sign into the account, it signs me right back out...

emot-questioned.gifemot-questioned.gifemot-questioned.gifemot-questioned.gif

I got in touch with mike and he recently made some change to this site and I think somehow that affected my ability to post. But it works sometimes like now using my tablet, but not the computer.

(Ashley, I find it funny that you don't associate me with the name Greg since that is my name, lol. And I've known u for a while. I guess no one here does)

I did 5.5 today, bringing me to 11 this week. I was totally motivated to the gym by our club, how are you all coming along?

Still at 1 mile and found out today I have to do some dr related stuff that might affect my ability to do 6 miles today and tomorrow.  Not sure, I'm just going to see how I'm feeling and what I can do.   Gonna try for it!

EDIT:  I'm out of the running for this week.  Dr said I can't run for 3-4 days.  This is what I get for procrastinating.  I'll be back in the club next week!  And I'm soo proud of you all!!