QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Can I quit now?

Interleukin6

I want to quit Adderall. I have taken it almost daily for 5 years. Sometimes getting up to 120 mg a day. It started when I had a roommate who was late on rent and gave me 10 pills to pay her late fees. I loved it, I was so happy, I lost weight quickly, my grades went up, my house was always clean, my social anxiety decreased. Many things have gone on since then, I did eventually get my own prescription, sometimes still bought from her too, had another doctor giving me vyvanse at the same time.

I decided to pursue my love for science and I am currently in a PhD program. I am going onto my third term next week and I have yet to pass a class (B or above), I am on academic probation, and I cannot get myself together, organized or calm.

I feel like I can’t remember anything, like the people around me can remember everything that is said, and they all do so well when asked questions, etc. Does Adderall abuse affect memory? It seems like the excessive abuse of stimulants during college worked because all I needed to do was spend time with the material. Study for hours and hours and hours, trigger that part of my brain on some multiple-choice exam and recognize the answers.

Although I feel like blaming the Adderall, it has been my only ally and friend. What got me here in the first place.

I have a prescription now, and once I told my doctor (who is out of state and has phone appointments with me- since no doctors would prescribe stimulants to me when I moved for school) that I failed classes she doubled my dosage. I am abusing for sure, I am scared of the withdrawals and unsure how to move forward.

Thank you for listening. I have never told anyone about my addiction.

It sounds to me like you have reached the point where adderall is no longer effective and the quality of your work on adderall sucks; is that enough of a motivator for you?  You can quit when you set your mind to it and are determined to never go back down that road.  Welcome to the forum!

• Like 3

im quitting literally right now (today). my last dose was 2:15 hrs ago; feeling tired/ hungry/ and little anxious at the same time if this makes sense. i will post daily updates on my status to shine light and hope among everyone. we can fight this beast; we can overcome and rejuverinate our old selves. it's a mirage, don't be fool yourself anymore with (insert excuse here); i'm going to make the change right now; i choose no more adderall! -hope

Thanks JustinW: i feel discombobulated (no work or school for the next week (i took sick leave) ) I've literally planned for this "escape". keeping the work load to a bare minimum and being super lazy; i had breakfast (bowl of cereal) told my brother to get me some vegetables/fruits from the market; gonna start inner cleansing as well; for most part; pretty much body aches/headaches/ light is blinding so I have lights off tv on just chilling. the urge to take adderall isn't there yet; and i don't even feel like taking it. be strong readers; and I promise u i will!

• Like 1

Feel pretty zoned out. Like my head is “onâ€, but my body is “offâ€. Everything is like a daunting task; from simply just getting out of bed to getting dressed. I feel a total loss of self-confidence, very tired, my head hurts, my body hurts, sweating a little; thirsty; hungry;, just feel like crap. I feel my “brain†like slowed down; random thoughts of how I started using adderall til now replay in my head. Isn’t this just like systematic meth in a prescription bottle? =/ not giving up ever! Going to continue to relax; sleep ttyl

• Like 3

im hanging in there! wanted to honestly expose the truth of the withdrawal cycle for readers. 

so right now; i feel like total crap; extremely low; like i am a business major; and I wouldn't feel confident in even doing a simple assignment or assessment of something. I don't feel like myself (than again perhaps this "self" was make-bevel?: As well; intense body pain; headache; emotional pain I guess; sleeping a ton. been drinking eating rather healthy; just watch + juices; no caffeine or sodas. well ill continue to keep u posted. not giving up!! thanks for the support Robin+JustwinW!

Another fellow business major, graduate or undergraduate? The early stages of recovery suck and it's great that you are being honest about it! I believe that it is healthy and will help you process what is happening with your mind and body. You are making great strides even though it may not feel like it.

• Like 1

undergrad he-he :) well at this moment, similar feelings of yesterday. A shower/restroom beak really does make the difference. I also realized diet is critical; and as tired and brain dead as I am I going to put my running shoes on and go for a "steady" walk on my treadmill. I still can't really feel "emotion" if that makes sense, but some of my favorite songs really "make me wanna move" still; so im using that to get in some movment; which will be followed by sleeping most likely. Either way a little moving a day can't hurt. I want people to know my intake is 2x vitamin fish oil tablets + many vitamin tablets (all natural vitamins); a green tea with fresh squeeze lemon and honey (that's my secret drink :)) i still feel the emtional strains I did the day before; but I become numb to its constrainits today atleast; and will go for a nice walk :) I tend to sleep afterward so expect a msg from me again tmrrw; thnaks all be strong and thank u for the support; were going to beat this thing! :D

• Like 1

Unfortunately I couldn't measure to yesterdays activity level; but I did spend the day doing chores; cleaning the house; taking care of my cats; doing laundry. I figured keep my hands busy. for the most part; extreme loss of self-confidence, contintious self-worry; very anxsious; tired; strung-out; a bit releifed though.. I want to feel this because I haven't felt this pain in so long and I know following pain is pleasure (reality)I'm going to keep active; eat proepr; and keep my readers / my support crew up to date; We can do this guys :D

• Like 1

Way to go CMLT!

How many days has it been for you?

You might want to start posting in the 30 day challenge. It really helped me out, a lot. I made it 30 days today with the support of the kind people of this community!

Keep up the good work!

• Like 3

hey thanks GDTRFB 
haha 30 day challenge? i just wanted to broadcast to readers what im going thru; didnt know there were contests that'd be cool for support.

so at this phase im a sweating a lot more than usual (typically when sleeping). I have some vivdid dreams that cause me to wake up and sit for a bit before sleeping. I am tired, and "slow" during the day. I sleep a lot; appieite has increased; i try to do some form of exercise a day to keep from going crazy mentally (thats where the most pain is ) rather than physical. well i am typing this in bed , sorry got the grammar errors; planninh on sleeping and going for a jog tmrrw...or a steady walk :) will keep u posted.