QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Quitting adderall for pregnancy

Does anyone have any stories about adderall and pregnancy or quitting adderall during a pregnancy? The weight gain is the worst. A year after I had my first baby, I started taking adderall again to lose the remaining baby weight. I gained 100+ lbs to my abnormally, unnaturally skinny body before an 8 lb baby was born. Well, it's been 3 years, and I'm pregnant again. I quit adderall 4 1/2 months ago. So far, I've got from 120 lbs to 150 lbs. If any of you are anything like me, I'm terrified of gaining weight and it's not just because of how bad it looks. It's unhealthy for the baby too. But not as unhealthy as taking adderall. I don't even know if I can take L tyrosine while pregnant. There's not a lot of info or open discussion on adderall and pregnancy. If anyone has any stories, please share them. I feel so alone with what I've gone through before and am going through again. I had an eating disorder since I can remember. My boyfriend has been great and complements me all the time and hits on me and I joke about myself getting fat and he laughs. We've been friends since we were kids. I'm embarrassed to even let my other friends see me anymore. I've also gotten acne with this pregnancy. The only place I dint feel like I look like a big fat freak is Wal-Mart. Someone please tell me I'm not alone and after I have my baby I'll lose the weight and stay off adderall for good this time? All in time to wear a bikini by next summer

Hey there,

Congratulations on your pregnancy, that is awesome and congrats on quitting the Adderall, as well.

I just wanted to let you know, I quit Adderall 5 months and 1 week ago and I have basically gone from the same weight to the same weight as you and I'm very upset about it and I am NOT pregnant, to make matters worse. But I am trying to get healthy again and down to a normal weight, with eating right, running and yoga.

I haven't heard of anyone taking Adderall while pregnant to be honest. I think it saids on the bottle not too or to contact your doctor. I, personally, and I am not a doctor or mother, wouldn't risk it. I would think it's more unhealthy to take Adderall while pregnant than gaining that amount of weight but I could be wrong? You should definitely go talk to your doctor ASAP. If anything, don't start or take the Adderall while pregnant and start walking everyday and go to pregnancy yoga instead to help keep the extra baby weight at bay. I know it's hard but life is hard and poppin' a pill isn't the anwser.

I just wanted to tell you though, your not alone, the weight gain after quitting Adderall is normal, it sucks but it's apart of the process and recovery.

I also, think you are being too hard on yourself. It's probably the hormones. Just relax. You probably look great and like a normal, healthy preggers lady and your probably glowing! I wish you the very best with everything and let us know what you decide to do!

• Like 1