QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Sharing the triumphs with the struggles

NotToday

12 hours ago, Nicole88 said:

Even more is that my job allows for a lot of freedom in the projects I work on and is very autonomous. For those who don't know, I have a background in healthcare finance/accounting but currently work in data analytics/informatics. I've been working on a self directed project the past few months in any spare time and finally sent out the communication today. I seriously could not have asked for better feedback. They want me to roll out the BI dashboard to Csuite and senior management ASAP. I'm just so proud of myself I could explode! Lol! Going to try to ride this high out as long as possible :)

Thanks for letting me share! :) 

whoa- i have the exact same background and made a very similar change to IT. my background is healthcare administration, but now I am working as a Product Manager for an EMR company.unfortunately the autonomy and seniority i have here is a bit too much.. some days i struggle to advance on projects because there are never any hard deadlines to meet.. but i am super thankful to have a good steady job- it was honestly the only thing that kept me sane through recovery, not having to worry about money and my career going to shit.

congrats on the promotion! it's awesome to be appreciated for strong work that was ALL YOU, not some pill. (:

Thank you both!! :)

@sleepystupid those are strikingly similar backgrounds. Are you working for Epic or Cerner by chance?

And I agree, it can be a struggle some days to get motivated. I also don't have any real hard deadlines, it's more or less just keeping things moving in the right direction which some days i do a better job than others. Ive come SO far, and I'm grateful that I've managed to adjust off of adderall. Felt like an impossible feat for sure! 

@Nicole88  nope, but we do integrate with Epic (: we're in the outpatient rehab market actually.

it's bad enough struggling to be motivated, but it's often times really discouraging being around my boss (owner of the company). he has this natural amount of energy and drive that's just unbelievable to me- it's like in the cosmic dice roll, he got the winning brain chemistry. i have a pretty good relationship with him, but sometimes it's really discouraging to just hear him go on and on about how much he accomplishes. he simply enjoys being productive.  MUST BE NICE.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...