QuittingAdderall.com Forums

I have taken the supplement Prevagen for the last three months, on an almost daily basis.  Thumbs down, so don't waste your money.  It is very expensive - like about two bucks per capsule (extra strength) and you take one per day.  It claims to improve memory.  I might have noticed a slight improvement in my memory when I first started, but not really sure.  It says you have to take it daily for three months to get the full benefit.

I have had moderate depression for the last six weeks or so, and made a lot of mental errors.  In fact, the errors I have made are costing me my self confidence and I am beginning to wonder if I am getting early onset dementia at age 55.  I can't really say for sure if the errors and depression are related to this supplement, but my bouts of depression will usually last only a week or so and come on about 3-4 times per year.  So this stretch of funk has been abnormally long and deep, for me.  I have even tried taking L-Tyrosine each day and that HAS helped.  I just need to remember to take it.  

I got sucked in to the hope that Prevagen would help my mind from their commercials on TV.  It is made from jellyfish.  They claim scientific results from clinical trials.  I haven't taken one for almost a week and I still don't feel that great.  This is probably the worst stretch of depression I have experienced since my Adderall recover period over five years ago.  One of the reasons  I used Adderall was to feel numb , and it was a wonderful antidepressant, until it quit working.  I am glad Adderall quit working for me because there is no reason to ever go back to it.  Fuck Adderall, and fuck Prevagen too.   

• Like 2

Thanks for the tip...

I feel you on the depression and memory problems! 

I know from my research that adderall is neurotoxic and causes havoc on the dopamine system. My first fears there were its relation to a higher risk of Parkinson’s however with the mental side of things still continuing a year after stopping my larger concerns now are the brain as a whole and if the usage could early dementia etc. One of my more consistent symptoms is inability to deal with stress and afternoon brain fade. Mornings I have some depression upon awakening however can snap out of it most days and be pretty good till 1 or so. As the day goes on and stress builds I get more tired and sometimes feel I cannot process another thought...

So it has been about ten days since going off the prevagen and things are getting back to normal for me.   In fact, the depression began lifting about a week ago.  That shit was crazy- I took it for a better memory and it didn't work for that and it caused a depression.  And it was expensive.   It just confirms (for me) that depression is actually just a chemical imbalance.    I have read some on-line reviews for prevagen and they ranged from very positive to very negative.  Some people did report anxiety as a side affect.  Please don't waste your money on this snake oil. 

• Like 3