QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Going on week 3

Gloombloom

I want to add that for me it was about not believing in myself/not thinking I was strong enough. I decided to fight for myself and it was worth it. The night before I flushed them I cried. I called a friend too and cried on the phone. I made a plan to do it in the morning. I let myself stay in that power/strength and embrace it. And then I took it very slow/giving myself lots of breaks for the week after. 

• Like 1

hi Gloombloom,

welcome to the forums and thanks for sharing! so glad you recognized the dangers of this drug early enough to course correct. if you don't mind me asking, when you were initially prescribed, do you think it was an accurate diagnosis or were you just looking to try it out? it's still so shocking how ignorant doctors are of the dependency issues amphetamines cause.

it definitely sucks having lost a good friend, but Adderall would have led you down a road to potentially losing your kid too. good job, and keep the positivity up! (: