QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Tired of thinking about Adderall

CW97

Hey everyone this is my first time posting and I’m a little nervous due to the fact that I don’t talk to anyone about my adderall addiction so I’m stuck with being in my head 24/7. Talking with people I know just isn’t something that I feel is helpful since they don’t understand the struggle

(bless them for not understanding)

I have so much empathy knowing that you all are on the same boat.. that I’m not alone.

I just want to ask something though.

Have any of you ever been adderall free long enough to where this drug doesn’t cross your mind? Even for a day. Where you wake up and this addiction is no longer a struggle because you have moved on to a new and better chapter in you life?

I really struggle sometimes looking at others thinking that adderall is something that means completely nothing to them but to me it has been the main voice in my life. 

would love to hear anyone’s answer or if anyone has really thought of this before. 

@SeanW Thanks. Yeah the shit we go through around here is so painful. So after I moved back in with my parents I managed to get an internship for the semester. The pay was minimum wage but I just needed practice being a person, and it's not like I had rent to pay. It was at a pretty prestigious company, I was lucky to land it. I was 24 interning with a bunch of 19 year olds which felt weird, but I got over it. I did pretty simple data work and spent 80 percent of my time there reading this website, not talking, and trying to keep my eyes open. It was rough. I did learn some coding which is one of the only ways I got my current position.

Going back to school was brutal, I wont lie. I really went into it with the attitude: "Cs get degrees." I had spent so many adderall years concocting these insane plans about how I was going to get straight As and head to Harvard Law school and blah blah blah. I had to eat some humble pie and realize I just needed to pass. I graduated with a 2.3 GPA and even that was difficult for me - I wont bullshit you. So I made a couple deals with myself: 1) no matter what, go to fucking class. I would get so anxious that attendance was a big issue for me. The lethargy was tough to overcome also. But no matter what, I got my ass up and sat in the chair, even if my mind wasn't there. Professors don't work with students who don't show up. 2) talk to your professors EARLY. I struggled with communication before, so I just went up to my teachers in the first week and said "I'm a returning student... this has been difficult for me in the past, it's been a while since I've been in school, and I'd like to check in with you throughout the semester if that's okay to make sure I'm on track to pass." Honestly there were a few classes that I might not have passed if it weren't for those early chats. Make them like you and make them think they're part of your underdog story. 3) try to avoid freaking out. this is the toughest one. But I would get so anxious about work that it'd hinder my ability to do well. once I stopped caring so much about the grades it was easier to actually absorb material. 4) if all else fails, beg. I aint above it.

You can do this Sean!!!

• Like 2

@Cheeri0 thanks! Man, I’m nervous as hell that I won’t even be able to make the c’s. But yeah, like you said if I can just make myself go and make myself put in some effort and befriend my professors I might have a chance. It’s so hard be social and I’m afraid despite my effort they’ll think I’m an ass because I tend to have that resting bitch face and being emotionally out of sorts makes it even harder to get past that. Anyway, thanks for the advise and support. Wish I could land a internship but in my field you literally have no chance unless you have a 3.5 or higher not to mention a badass resume on top of that. Ahhh!! Stressed af.

• Like 1