QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Do you take any other meds? How do you cope/manage the anxiety and depression?

Hi guys, 

I took adderral almost every day for 4.5 years. I'm 60 days clean...hooray! My depression is crippling and my anxiety is through the roof. I am upset because I thought my anxiety would decrease with quitting adderral...not the case. I took Wellbrutrin (I believe 10 mgs) for about 9 months before I staretd on adderral. It helped me with my mood and I had no negative side effects. I just want to feel happy. How long will that take? I don't know if I can take several more months of severe depression and anxiety. Is it best to be free from all meds during the recovery process? What meds did you (or did you not take during recovery?) How long did the anxiety and depression last for you? I also am getting neurotherapy to help with my ADHD and anxiety and depression, but we are targeting the ADHD mainly. 

I am also new to this site and let me say that one of the most helpful things I have found from reading and reading posts here is that at 60 days you're not supposed to be feeling all that great.  Just knowing that removed a lot of the anxiety associated with wondering "is this what I am going to feel like from now on?"

No. It is not. It does get better over time. Hang tough. There will be ebbs and flows.  Good days feel great...but if the next day isn't as good or better it can be doubly disappointing if...if...you don't understand that progress is not a ratchet rather it is a series of waves generally moving in the right direction.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Older User said:

I am also new to this site and let me say that one of the most helpful things I have found from reading and reading posts here is that at 60 days you're not supposed to be feeling all that great. 

this.

its honestly hard to say how long it will take to "feel happy again". that's a pretty subjective experience, but the one thing i can say for sure is that you won't wake up one day and just feel "recovered". recovery is a process by which you slowly learn to love your life again - the biggest gains aren't made by waiting to feel better - they are made by continually challenging yourself to do things you weren't able to before. for many of us, those things could be as simple as cleaning your room or living space.

i took Wellbutrin for a while and found it helpful, though 10mg doesn't sound right for a dosage. 300mg is supposed to be the normal adult dosage, but even that is probably too much and can cause anxiety. i found the sweet spot to be around 150mg.

hope this helps!

• Like 2