QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Cravings after quitting adderall

dpaul6626

What cravings did you have after quitting adderall? I have been craving sweets like crazy ever since I recently quit taking adderall. I have never been into sweets much, even before I ever started taking adderall. Has anyone else experienced this? I've heard in the past that recovering alcoholics crave sugar/sweets after they quit drinking. Could this apply to adderall too?

Yes, I craved sweets non-stop. I also found food more appealing than ever. Every time I was ever on adderall, I lost a ton of weight and ate barely anything. I love how wonderful food tastes again. :)

I'd say it took a good month before I felt like it was truly out of my system. It felt really good to eat and sleep again after I was off of it. I'm now @ 4mos. clean and feeling better than ever. I still crave sweets, but not anything near like I did when I first stopped everything. You'll level out.

I still have adderall using dreams though. Hoping those will go away with time.

Erin

I crave sweets a LOT too. To be fair, I ate a lot of sweet stuff while I was on adderall too... sugary drinks, syrupy coffee, frosted donuts (always frosted!!!) in lieu of real meals. For me, I connect the taste of sugar to that high, on top of the world feeling that I experienced on adderall.

But now that my hunger is back in full force, I eat so much, I eat all day, I eat the WORST food! Fried, fatty, salty, sweet... as long as its bad for me, I want it!

I'm trying to learn how to change my eating habits so I don't gain a ton of weight, but its going to be a slow process.. One thing I am doing is keeping a 16 oz bottle of water next to my bed and chugging it when I wake up. Curbs hunger AND keeps you regular (lol tmi?)

I have some serious love for chocolate. Here's a good article on why we crave it: http://www.chocolate.org/health/chocprescribe.html

I've heard that its better to eat dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate because milk prevents your body from absorbing compounds found in chocolate that your body is craving.

I'd like to work more on not feeding into my cravings though, because at this point I think the amount of sugar, fat, and caffine I have every day is contributing to my depression and fatigue