QuittingAdderall.com Forums

One month, help!

Hleigh

I was prescribed adderrall about 5 years ago. Never abused, just took about 50mg time released daily. I slowly became a complete home body. I was always very social and always on the go. A happy person but with my work overload someone suggested I look into add to help. I slowly completely changed. I wouldn't answer my phone from any of my friends, would not want to do anything at all. I stopped taking it 4 weeks ago, cold turkey. I never ever want to go back on and am not tempted to, however, I am wondering when I will receive some relief. I want to sleep all the time, very snappy and on edge, and just don't have any motivation. I have been able to produce at work, not to the level I was, but keep up. I want my desire for life back and my motivation and personality so bad. I wake up every weekend and say to myself "today your going to get up and do something" Could anyone who has been through this help? Thank you all so much, this forum has helped me tremendously.

Hi there welcome to quitting addarall. Its day 48 for me being off the shit. You found this web site not by accident it was your destiny to find us. This web sit gave me the will to quit adderall and other substances. It will help you tremendously you will get all the support you need Wright here no need to go else where trust me . You are doing great for being 4 weeks clean Please do not give into the temptation when the drug calls you out and it will as you are probably experiencing now .You are Wright on schedule with your symptoms you have gone thru your crash landing jest fin its a great sign of your will power. I have no doubt you will make it . Your being tierd is completely normal for the stage you are in now you will probably get some natural energy back at your 3 month point it’s a little deferent for every one. I have not got my energy back yet so we are in the same ball park .Our more advanced members can give you better advice then I can they have bin clean for longer then Iv have I personally am combating my fatigue with supplements you will find all the information you need on these web site. Any how my point being is you have invested 4 weeks of being clean so for god sakes DO NOT go back to the shit it will be like loosing your investment you will kick your self in the ass. Any how keep up the good work look forward. The small light you see now will get brighter and brighter every day only time will heal you completely so have patients and don’t give up the great will power you have establish. Your new friend THE FALCON

A song for a new friend

http://youtu.be/5reHb3MAL0A

It took three months for me to start regaining physical energy. I was pretty much a zombie up until that point. Motivation took much longer to start coming back, about 9-10 months. I kind of had to fake it up until that point, but it does get easier with time. It sounds like you have the right mindset for quitting, and if you don't suffer from cravings then you'll be in really good shape to weather the long recovery process. Good luck to you.

• Like 1

Thank you both. I have never been addicted to anything in my life. This forum is helping so much. I've been taking all the supplements listed and I guess they have been helping. What about your personality? Does it come back as we'll? Or am I the only one that seems to have become antisocial and a home body. I haven't had cravings at all. I seem to have the hardest time in the morning with energy. Once it's dark, I feel much more energized not sure why that is! Did you guys make yourself get out even if you didn't want to or just let it ride the course. Thank you so very much!

Your personality will come back, but you might feel weird and 'not like yourself' for many months. When I quit, I was definitely calmer and less mean right away which was nice, but it took a long time for my sense of humor and higher levels of cognitive functioning to return. I was a hermit couch potato for the first three months or so and I went out very seldomly. I was just so tired - all my energy went toward making it through the 8-5 workdays. After about three/four months I was used to the daily schedule. I made myself exercise each day, even if it was just a short walk or 10 minutes of yoga, but I didn't force myself into social situations if I didn't feel like it. I didn't see the benefit of putting myself in a situation where I knew I would feel uncomfortable and self-conscious and negative. I think it's better to stay in your comfort zone in early recovery because stress exacerbates the withdrawal. You're really lucky you don't get cravings - that was a major nuisance for me in recovery. Also, you may want to read about post acute withdrawal syndrome (PAWS). It helps to explain what you're in for while recovering from amphetamine addiction.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-acute-withdrawal_syndrome

• Like 2

Hello again your personality will return when will it return is the 6 million $ question your not going to wake up tomorrow morning and say hello perennially there you are where have you bin . It took you a wile to get to the place your in and it will take you some time to get your personality back. It comes back at a slow pace its not a instantaneous processes . You will look back in the near future and notes a change a slight change but it will be a change regardless its like planting a seed in the soil the roots grow slowly that’s where your at now so jest be a little patient it will come back to you. As far as being antisocial a little story for you It was Saturday night I was going down town to the blues club like I do most Saturday night about 2 miles from my home I turned my car around and went back home why you ask because I was feeling shity no energy. I wouldn’t be good company to be around. My way of thinking is tomorrow would be a new day and maybe I would be in a better mood well tomorrow is her and I still feel like shit any ways there will be a new day coming around and hopefully it will be a brighter day do you get my point hang in there and be patient everything will come back to you in good time .

Your friend FALCON.

Falcon and Cassie,

Thank you thank you. I have experienced the exact same thing Falcon. I would get half way somewhere, sometimes even the grocery store and turn around. I just tear up all the time.

Cassie - thanks for the info on paws. I read a lot about it and it makes so much sense and made me feel a lot better. I am counting down the next few months and hoping for energy!!!

I have been taking a multivitamin, b 12 complex supplement, omega fish oil, magnesium,l lysine, and calcium. Is there any other supplement you guys have tried that helped?

Coffee, Red Bull and 5 hour energy, also a good multivitamin with an iron supplement in addition to what you are already taking. Eat well and lay off the sugar. And for God's sake, don't try to take all those supps all at once or even every day. I started feeling better at 10-12 weeks and my personality and natural energy came back around nine months. Congratulations for quitting, Hleigh, and good luck. We are here for you!

This is an edit because I almost missed something. Are you taking L-Lysine not L-Tyrosine? The amino acids of choice are tyrosine or phenylalanine for a better mood.

• Like 1

Thank you! I have been taking l-lysine so I need to get tyrosine? Also, my multivitamin has iron in it, but I need an additional supplement of iron? I thought I read somewhere that too much iron would harm you, but i know iron is good for dopamine levels? Thanks soooo much for all the support.

When you said don't take all those at once, you were referring to the coffee, red bull and 5 hour energy right? I can take all the vitamins everyday?

• Like 1

L-Tyrosine is the ticket to a better mood. I take up to three 500 mg throughout the day, always on an empty stomach. I dunno what lysine is supposed to do. Tyrosine is the raw material that dopamine and seratonin are made from.

One multi with iron is plenty. Iron helps your blood to cary more oxygen and that gives you energy.

I don't like to take handfulls of pills so my preference is to take things as I think I need them, so not all at once and not everyday. If you can take them all everyday and if your stomach doesn't mind then go for it. If you can take coffee, redbull and 5hourenergy all at once that WOULD be a hell of a caffeine buzz, right?

• Like 1

MoseMosley

Hay dud you’re a crazy and wild guy. You don’t make much sense to me maybe my pee brain is fried chicken from the adderall find the move review web site. Dud get a life why are you copying my post Yes I was born but I was not burn yesterday back OFF please . Go away little boy.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

For what it's worth, I told my doc I was quitting cold turkey and asked for recommendations for supplements and after giving me the standard, "there has been no correlation found between change in brain chemistry in recovering addicts and vitamin or supplement usage", he did say if I "wanted to take something" then try zinc.

I am, but anyone else tell me if this is what they've heard too? Here's all the supplements I've heard are helpful:

- B12, B6

- L Tyrosine

- L Phenylalanine (sp.)

- DHEA

- Cellinium (sp.)

Interesting discussion.