QuittingAdderall.com Forums

5 hour energy, L Tyrosene, L Phenylalanine

I've been meaning to ask 3 questions about the above so I'll bundle them in bullets to be all fancy and succinct. I must be getting my corporate groove back :D

1. 5 hour energy: cheating or not cheating? I'm getting dependent... as in, I need it more than coffee and buy 2-3 whenever I'm out. It totally gets me going in the morning.
  2. L Tyrosene: does this have an appetite-suppressant effect? I'm noticing some interesting sides now that I know how to take it: dry eyes, slight dizziness, definitely suppresses hunger... does it do that for anyone else?
  3. L Phenylalanine (sp): I've heard Tyrosene and Phenylalanine go together like chocolate and peanut butter. Any thoughts here? I'm taking it together but I'm not sure if it is helping

Thanks!

1) Not Cheating. I used to buy it by the six pack... grape flavor is the best but it all tastes horid. I just kind of grew out of it, but I still take it for an energy buzz every once in a while. If it is not a DRUG it is not cheating

2) I think it does help curb your appetite. It is also an ingredient of 5hourenergy. Never had the dry eyes or dizziness. Just giddiness and a much better mood. It can turn a shitty day around all by itself. It is a precursor to thyroid hormones, seratonin and dopamine. But it is just a supplement so more isn't better. It works right away too, as long as you take it right and take enough. Want a speedy buzz? take a tyrosine with 5hourenergy or redbull.

3) phenylalanine converts to tyrosine in your body. Never tried it together with tyrosine. Both are just amino acids. I used phenylalanine back in the 90's as a mood elevator and it worked well too. It is contained in diet coke and anything else sweetened with aspartame.

Thank you; I didn't know that about #3. And interesting cocktail in there re the 5hr energy+redbull+tyrosene... not sure I want to try it as I might find it TOO enjoyable. Everything in moderation as Falcon would say... but never say never.

• 3 weeks later...

Have you ever heard of anybody hitting rock bottom from their caffeine addiction?

Has anybody's life ever fallen apart because of their coffee habit?

How many caffeine overdoses do you hear about? It is possible but you would have to take a shitload of nodoze pills to OD all the way with caffeine. Caffeine overdoses resulting in death are usually accompanied by other unknown or underlying health issues, like a weak heart.

While caffeine might be classified as a drug because it creates dependence and it does produce withdrawl effects, is it harmful?

Might be if you already have high blood pressure.

The withdrawl time from caffeine is three days max and then you are done. There is no recovery period.

Is it sinful? If you are a Mormon, the answer is yes.

Admittedly, I am defiantly defending my caffeine addiction. I love coffee and everything else that contains caffeine. I like to be stimulated. But I have also developed a lifetime addiction to amphetamines and all other stimulant medications and hard drugs and all it would take is one little fucking pill or line of white powder to get me right back into an active addiction. I want to avoid that at all costs. So I drink coffee, tea, redbull and 5 hour energy as needed for their stimulant effects. I do not feel guilty about it and I believe that using caffeine it is not harmful for my body.

Quit-once

Hi brother no manual on how to stay clean if it takes caffeine red bull or 5 hour energy to get you thru your day that’s OK anything is better then that brain fucken adderall shit . Do what you need to your doing great 1.9 years clean now for you hoo can argue with your success. I am hoping to bee in the your place someday but like you always say you need to pay the piper and put your time in.

Your Friend FALCON