QuittingAdderall.com Forums

3 questions to ask yourself as you head in to 2013...

My friend who is also an executive coach posted these on his site. Take some time today to reflect...

Find some quiet time to reflect and make a few notes to answer the following three questions:

1. If this time next year you look back on 2013 and it's a fantastic year, how will things be different than they are today?

2. What lessons -- either things you’re proud of or things you’d like to change -- from 2012 would you definitely like to apply to 2013?

3. Make your most important or thematic overall intention for 2013 into a headline -- what will that be?

Once you have your notes, make it a practice to reread them once a month throughout the year, and reset your direction accordingly. And have some fun with it.

All the best for a challenging but rewarding new year.

• Like 1

Thank you... great idea. I am tired of the same old life... years of the same up and down routine. Caught up in the vicious cycle. This year IS different. I am getting married in a few weeks. I am so ready to leave the pills behind... I want a baby more than anything. I will be posting on here more b/c I will def. need support. I have been on meds for almost ten years and have had health issues as long as I can remember w/ severe fatigue ruling my life (pre-adderall). I used to practically live in my bed, which made me depressed but I always felt awful and still do a lot of the time. I have only unnaturally forced my way through w/ pharmaceuticals all this time, esp. adderall. Happy New year everyone. Hope to post very soon :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey when is your wedding?! There's a lot of pressure on you right now, i can only imagine. Doing recovery and wedding planning at the same time must be pretty exhausting. Let us know how you're getting on. And congrats on your engagement.

Gosh I suck at replying on here b/c I couldn't figure out how to find my posts and wasn't getting notifications. I am kinda getting the hang of it now. You guys are awesome!

Thanks for asking about my wedding... I don't want an actual wedding, but we will celebrate this summer. I live w/ my fiance and have for 3 years... we have been engaged for about a year and a half. Right now we are trying to get married asap b/c I need health insurance. Mine ran out at end of December and I have never been w/out it. My fiance is taking grad classes along w his full time job so no time for anything other than the legal binding til this summer. I am not stressing it and that is why i never wanted a wedding... not my kind of thing- being center of attention and stressing out, etc. I will do things my way and we celebrate w family and friends hopefully this summer :)