QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Had my first post-quit dream

Krax

So tomorrow is 8 weeks clean, and last night I finally experienced the infamous adder all dream (actually, it involved concerts, being a Ritalin user and all) everyone talks about. It was a good dream though, in that I dreamt that I was immediately unhappy and even unsatisfied after taking it, and felt tired...anyways I know this post is no significant contribution but I was sort of happy about it when I woke up and wanted to share, thanks again to everyone in this forum especially you long term folks who haven't forgotten where you come from

Well to get back on topic, it's good you posted and good you had that dream, sounds like the desire to never touch it again has somehow sunk in to your subconscious. I've never once had an adderall dream, maybe I'll have that to look forward to in a few weeks or something. Stay strong!

I just had this disturbing dream about an hour ago:

I was getting a script filled at a new pharmacy and the guy before got rejected and he left pissed off. I went up to the window and they were super nice to me, and gave me double the amount of adderall that I usually got for the same price. I left, checked the pills and discovered they were the wrong brand of generic adderall. ( during my addiction, I only liked and only took the orange or blue oval shaped pills made by BARR, and thought all other generic and even name brand adderall was inferior). So I went back and told them they gave me the wrong brand, and the lady looked it up on my chart and said "Yup, we screwed up, have a seat and I will get you the right pills". I still had the first script in my pocket and didn't offer it up yet. So they filled another double sized script, charged me for it, and didn't ask for the first one back. Here is where it gets weird. I was not intending to take any of them, and intended just to go to my friend and show it off like a big trophy fish or something, then sell him the entire load. I was still in a quit state of mind, but with that fucking much adderall I considered starting up my addie habbit again, but never opened a bottle or took a pill. I remember thinking, I have to unload these things now. As I drove away I felt like I had both a trophy and a time bomb all in the same pocket. Then I woke up.

I am sure that reading all these recent posts about filling scripts and pharmacy experiences caused me to have that dream. I might need to spend less time around here for my own mental well-being, although it sure helps get it off my chest by posting about that strange dream.

That is weird. The rituals of getting prescriptions filled seem to be embedded in our addicted brains. I think from what I know about addiction, there are two highs associated with drug taking: the first is the thrill of the chase -- getting access to the drug (the silly elated feeling we have when we have the script in our hands or the pharmacist's paper bag in our handbag or whatever), and then the drug itself. This is the same for all junkies I think. Ever heard "waiting for my man" by the Velvet Underground? All about scoring (heroin in that instance).

Speaking about dreams though: I was actually going to post a question to the forum today about this because I don't remember seeing it elsewhere. I've been having terrible nightmares for the last couple of weeks. Like every night. The usual stuff - house being broken in to, catching my husband in bed with another woman, being chased, being abandoned etc. No adderall dreams though. Has anyone else experienced nightmares in their recovery?

... funny, not sure how much of a nightmare this just was but I woke up kinda pissed-- just had a dream where I got a reminder from FB on my phone that someone named Rick Something had just posted to The QA Forum - like fb all of a sudden was privy to the forums, and I was pissed in the dream, and like "how the fuck...!?" and was seeing in the dream the forum on fb and I was worried/scared of being outed on fb to my friends on there.... weird. I remember in the dream thinking "fb is fucking insidious!" and when I woke up lay there pissed thinking it was real, then checked, then came here n saw this dreams thread... btw describing dreams sucks, just doesn't f'in work.

MFA,

I dreamt like crazy in early recovery, still do actually. I really think it has a lot to do with sleeping in a coma-like state, maybe longer periods of REM? (I don't know how that all works). I rarely remembered my dreams on adderall, because I wasn't getting real, quality sleep. Too bad they're freaking nightmares, though!! Ugh.

• Like 1

MFA- Ya, too bad they are nightmares. Has anything changed in your environment or diet recently? Some pesticide chemicals can cause nightmares, and some people react badly to different foods or other medicine. I think you are on to a partial cause with the ambien withdrawl. Could be due to adderall recovery too but I have never experienced a string of bad dreams since quitting.

And Ashley, please don't worry about posting anything you later consider not to be "productive to recovery". It is all good reading.