QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Nike Plus App

Greg

Made it to 12 miles. collapsed on ground. then i poured water over me. I swear my brain was pumping out dopamine when i came to a stop.

are you at 12 yet? This brings me to 30 miles for March and you should probably be around 36 miles since you started a little earlier...

• Like 1

Great to hear! I've only got 4 miles in so far, due to the root canal and all that. Not making excuses, or maybe I am, but I'm working out tonight!

I was putting in probably close to 8-10 a week before the 12 a week started. I can't let this week slide. I also need to add it all up. I think it's feel good to know.

You're doing an awesome job!

InRecovery,

I missed my Saturday deadline for 12 miles, so I MADE myself go tonight after work. It's the last thing on earth that I wanted to do, but I finished my 12...a day late, but I'm not going to beat myself up since I did have a root canal. This week IT'S ON :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ashley, as I mentioned in my PM, these last two weeks I have been swamped!! I have been studying every minute..and I really miss running - a lot. Tomorrow I have two uber exams back to back from 2 until 6pm. I am really excited for tomorrow to be over. Then after tomorrow I will start running again. Have you been keeping up?

InRecovery,

I only got 9.5 miles in last week. Quite disappointed in myself, so today I decided it's time to get it back in gear. So I did and whipped out 4.6 miles. My. Legs. Hurt.

It's a good feeling when you start missing it, eh? I was so lethargic yesterday, and I was wondering why. I realized I was missing working out. My energy came back even though I felt exhausted before doing it. I had that healthy dopamine rush we talked about before....ahhh.

Good luck with your exams. Let us know how they go!

9.5 miles? That's awesome still!! I definitely miss it.

Running really, really makes me feel good.

You know, one of my classmates runs 20 miles a week. And he used to run 60 -70 miles a week when he ran cross country.

I need to build up my endurance.i could never do 4.6! I have to be able to get past 3 miles in a run.

5 miles!! wow. I have start breaking the three mile thing I have going.

Yeah, I have an exam and presentation coming up, so I did 9 miles already and about to do my final 3 miles like just in a couple minutes from now so I can have the rest of the week to do my work.

Yaay, you have a packed full schedule and are still doing it. Way to go! Oh yeah, I thought of you tonight. I'm sitting down to write a 5 minute speech, and I get this anxiety that I usually do about performing tasks without adderall. I thought of you and grad school and how much you have on your plate, and you're doing it. I swear it gave me this burst of motivation, and I whipped it out and almost finished it. I kind of enjoyed it even. You're kind of my role model :)

• Like 1

:) I get to this point where its so much work it really doesn't phase me any more. Like sunday night I had a 10 page paper and started at 6pm the night before and just cranked it out. And my presentation for next week is supposed to be AN HOUR long with slides!! (the subject? pricing strategies bleh) In the beginning of the semester I was so freaked out about all this...doing all this work without adderall !! (my wall is actually covered with taped up index cards of Adderall recovery reminders) As the weeks pass, I still have that anxiety of working without Adderall but im getting much more used to it, im just like whatever. this really sucks but it will get done by the time its due. and then the next day it is something else...i do think a lot about how I would do here if I was on Adderall (but not the later psychosis stage), and my conclusion is that if i was taking Adderall during all this I would be so frantically stressed out about everything, I just wouldn't be able to handle. id probably have a nervous breakdown. Im not exaggerating. The work I had to do would probably feel 10 times more to me if in Adderall. And I would hyperfocus too much on assignments and wouldn't be able to juggle it all like I really need to juggle it. Sometimes I have to just do things halfassed in order to get it done. If I was on Adderall...I would work way too hard on one assignment and not be able to get to everything. I would also probably work TOO hard and freak out all my classmates for not working as hard as im working - and they'd all probably can't stand me for being so intense about school. The whole experience would be different. Anyway, I have now pulled lots of allnighters. even tonight I don't see myself going to sleep before 5am. running though, keeps my spirits up and makes me feel good. Im so glad you got me into this!!!! edit - Wow, I just wrote a novel here, lol.
  • Like 1

inRecovery, this is a really healing time for you I think. Imagine what a catastrophic failure this would have been for you on adderall. You would have lost your ability to be able to naturally prioritize and make judgment calls on the right or wrong things to focus on. And then you would have stressed about that, and then you would have stressed about being stressed and wasted hours writing to do lists or buying notepads or something. Not to mention the recluse you would become because you would feel both completely snowed under with work as well as not caring about getting good ideas from others about their progress, you'd feel like you would have to do it all yourself. Ugh. The whole thing makes me so sad.

You're handling all this stuff exactly how you are supposed to... no one is able to get through everything in B school, that's how it is... it's kind of the point. You have to learn to juggle and prioritize and be ok with what you can do and not do. Adderall doesn't let you be ok with anything. You must be so relieved to not be in that constant state of hypervigilance.

• Like 2

yeah, I mean running like this we are basically running like someone who is training for a marathon. maybe we would need to run more but..

This is a great well written short story about an addict who recovers and decides to start running in marathons and how it brings so much meaning into his life. I really enjoyed it.

http://www.amazon.co..._pr_product_top