QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Marriage, revolving door with adderall

I've been addicted to adderall and painkillers for years before finally quitting. It's been the hardest thing by far in my life to stop. If your wife doesn't have the desire to do it she won't. I'd suggest doing what's best for yourself and children. I'd suggest rehab program for her if she won't then do what you got to do.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a non-addict significant other as well.  Keep educating yourself about her medications and her symptoms.  It is been almost three years of adderall abuse and alcoholism before that with my love-and I can tell you that I have changed as a person.  My empathy, compassion and judgement are at levels that I've always hoped for without ever having to go through what I have been going through with my love.  It's hard.  No lies-no sugar coats- it's just plain fucking hard.  They cannot see themselves.  Although I have found some good to take away from this nightmare in hell-I will say that my frustration, patience and anger levels have been-at times-off the charts.  I am much better at staying calm these days-but if you can find the courage to just remain calm and keep your head about you-it will help keep some of the intense negative energy out of your arguments.  Wishing you the best and praying for your strength-

P.S.  I love my love with all my heart-nothing will ever change that. Not addiction, not adderall - NOTHING-but you need to take care of yourself. It's good advice I have heard from many on this forum and I just want to pass on the encouragement.  Take care.

• Like 2