QuittingAdderall.com Forums

First "all nighter" since quitting

olivia115

thumbsup.gif Hey great job!!!!! Very proud. I was also working late after the Super Bowl and . I just got up from a nap and going to work on my dreaded take home exam. I know what you are saying by you have no choice but to just move forward because things are due! I experienced a lot of anxiety and pill PAWS but there is nothing you can do but just move forward because assignments are flying at you. Quizzes, reading, papers, exams... Anyway, congratulations on the no adderall all nighter. You must feel good that you could do it without it. I anticipate a lot of those in my future.

That's awesome! It has been years since I pulled an all nighter without Adderall, I'd be terrified too. And very proud after pulling it off.

It's funny how on Adderall, procrastination was like the default way of doing things. I would purposefully put big projects off until I had a whole night or weekend day to work on it. Why work on something in incremental steps when you can do it all in one epic binge?!

Relearning how to take it step by step now.

• Like 1

Oh good for you!!! Awesome!!! Congrats!!! Sounds like it's a bunch of us here in this... I'm about to pull my first all nighter off adderall too!! Or, quasi-allnighter..... involving a quick nap or two. We shall see.

The motivation should be arriving any minute now.............It's gotta be around here somewhere.........

Yep, not my "thing" either apparently....! Lost my focus, I'm in a class I DONT understand and got frustrated/distracted...was up late, but on the phone and not doing any work!

Dear work, when will you PLEASE just do yourself??

I know what you are saying...

I just procrastinated for the last three hours. I watched a movie. I need to get into the mindset that by procrastinating, I am only delaying the misery. It just means staying up later, or waking up earlier and facing more stress as the deadlines approach.

edit - sigh. and now it is 1am. what was i thinking watching a movie? now i might just call it a night and wake up early...

I know what you are saying...

I just procrastinated for the last three hours. I watched a movie. I need to get into the mindset that by procrastinating, I am only delaying the misery. It just means staying up later, or waking up earlier and facing more stress as the deadlines approach.

edit - sigh. and now it is 1am. what was i thinking watching a movie? now i might just call it a night and wake up early...

Yeah that's what I usually do when it gets late. You know, I've been advised to figure out what time of day is your peak time to get work done, and set aside a couple hours every day, at that time, when you HAVE to get that done. When you are just as accountable as when you have to be somewhere like for a job....cause it IS your job. Haha, I wrote that advice off because I was ilke, oh I have adderall so all day is my time!!! LOL! Anyway, might be worth a try. i'm not a morning person but I do feel like my work is no longer so great late at night.

I feel ya on the procrastination thing....I like your idea about equating it with misery. It is a work habit we must overcome...... We have to do everything in small chunks now, no matter how much it sucks or how badly we don't want to. The procrastination only makes everything worse.

Meh, you'll catch up!

• Like 1

Yeah that's what I usually do when it gets late. You know, I've been advised to figure out what time of day is your peak time to get work done, and set aside a couple hours every day, at that time, when you HAVE to get that done. When you are just as accountable as when you have to be somewhere like for a job....cause it IS your job. Haha, I wrote that advice off because I was ilke, oh I have adderall so all day is my time!!! LOL! Anyway, might be worth a try. i'm not a morning person but I do feel like my work is no longer so great late at night.

I feel ya on the procrastination thing....I like your idea about equating it with misery. It is a work habit we must overcome...... We have to do everything in small chunks now, no matter how much it sucks or how badly we don't want to. The procrastination only makes everything worse.

Meh, you'll catch up!

This is great advice. I've become so good at doing nothing. Why do today what you can put off till tomorrow, right? Speaking of which I have to go and tidy the apartment a bit as it's a pigsty - I spent the ENTIRE DAY watching movies today, InRecovery, so that should make you feel better....

(by the way, "Celeste and Jesse Forever" is a cute little slightly hipsterish romcom on TWC on-demand if you feel like veging out in front of the tee vee...)

I have always had a problem with procrastination, before during and after adderall. I dislike it, and I am looking for ways to change it in myself, it's a long process. I do usually work best in the morning but I always get tied up with doing other things non-school related so I guess maybe if I could do those things at night and clear my mornings out it might help. I also definitely believe very powerfully in the power of sleep as well. I take naps all the time. Not only for the sleep they provide but for the "reset" function they seem to have on me. Sometimes I'll get overwhelmed by everything I have to do and instead of sitting down and doing it, I manage to do a bunch of little things and end up getting nothing done I needed to. This provokes anxiety and sometimes I find that if I can take that 15 min cat nap, I can wake up more focused and relaxed.

• Like 1

I have always had a problem with procrastination, before during and after adderall. I dislike it, and I am looking for ways to change it in myself, it's a long process. I do usually work best in the morning but I always get tied up with doing other things non-school related so I guess maybe if I could do those things at night and clear my mornings out it might help. I also definitely believe very powerfully in the power of sleep as well. I take naps all the time. Not only for the sleep they provide but for the "reset" function they seem to have on me. Sometimes I'll get overwhelmed by everything I have to do and instead of sitting down and doing it, I manage to do a bunch of little things and end up getting nothing done I needed to. This provokes anxiety and sometimes I find that if I can take that 15 min cat nap, I can wake up more focused and relaxed.

I use this site to keep me organized.

http://www.vitalist.com/

also its free