QuittingAdderall.com Forums

What the hell is going on in this small town?

ldmcniel

The past 4 months has been the worst that I have ever seen in the small town that I am from. There has been 3 high school teenagers that have committed suicide and at least 6 more that have attempted it. There were 2 attempts yesterday at the high school!! Luckily they were unsuccessful. This is very worrisome to all of the parents and other students. I have 2 teenage daughters and some of these kids are their friends, or I grew up with their parents. These kids are honor students with no history of behavior problems and no history of mental illness. (At least not that anyone knows of) I really would love to know if any of these children were ever put on stimulants for ADHD. I graduated from high school in 1993 and I don't believe that Adderall was on the market until 1996 maybe??? It just really makes me wonder and if anyone else will see the connection. Sorry to vent but its been a very emotional day.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so glad you mentioned stimulants, seriously.

I graduated two years ago, and within the last six months our town has lost three kids that were in my grade to suicide and we've had many attempts as well.

Once I really started looking into the long term affects of adderall, I realized how much it actually changed ME and my personality.

It really messed me up and through high school I had a lot of problems that I couldn't figure out and even thought about suicide for years, but I never thought it could've been linked to the adderall. I was never even diagnosed with ADHD but I was put on it.

It's scary how many children are being medicated and people don't realize the effects it's really having on them, it seriously breaks my heart. I'm sorry to kind of rant but I could go on for days, I've done a lot of research lately especially on very young children who were put on stimulants.. and the number is rising by the day.

• Like 1