QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Overcoming cravings

Krae19

It’s been 4.5 months for me and I haven’t had too many cravings.  Work has been ramping up hard and I find myself thinking I could just take 1 and crank out a bunch of work and that’s it.  I even went as far as taking it out of the bottle, looking at it for awhile but then made myself put it back and the craving passed.  The thought of starting at day 1  again was too much to bear.  I’m at the point where I don’t think I’ll ever take it again in my life and that’s a good feeling. 

• Like 2

Ooooff that's some willpower right there. Good for you. I'm only at 2.5 months, and I feel cravings when work-related tasks come into play, but there is no way I'd be able to pass up taking just one pill if I had them accessible to me. I try to remind myself as well that taking just one would either do one of two things: start me back in that horrible cycle or make me feel so utterly guilty that I wouldn't even get work done. Go you, seriously, you should be proud of yourself! 

• Like 2

I have plenty of pills left, but at 72 days completely off after a long step down cycle. I don't even look at them. I occasionally think "oh that morning rush when I take it and listen to music was nice" haha I know though that if I were to take it, maybe for an hour or two i'd be feeling great, but after that I also know that I would hyperfocus on the fact I took it and feel deep regret and shame.  The "magic" of the pill is done for me. All i can do now is clean up the messes I've made and make better decisions. 

• Like 4

Thank you!  When I was about 14 days In  I did take 1 and it was great for a few hours but then I regretted it and started feeling like crap.  The longer I stay off of it the easier it is.  Thinking back on it now I can’t believe I took this crap pretty much daily for almost a decade. 

• Like 1

Hi all, old-timer on this site here. I highly highly encourage each of you to get rid of the pills you still have if you’re serious about quitting. Read around on the forums, something you’ll notice is that the vast majority of Addy quitters that stay sober advocate for a) cutting off supply and b) getting rid of your remaining supply.

There are some exceptions, but in general quitting Adderall takes a massive amount of commitment and dedication. Keeping a stash of pills around is a big red flag you aren’t quite ready. Be honest with yourself and dump the pills if you’re ready to do this.

• Like 3