QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Past Memories randomly coming back?

Searchingsoul9

Recently i have been just doing mindless chores or staring into space and all of the sudden i get back an old memory. Like semi vivid. Stuff i forgot about. Not like huge memories, but maybe an image of what i was doing last winter or a time when my friend and i went out a few years ago.

Is this part of recovery?

Did you guys get random memories back?

I had a huge problem with my short to mid term memory in my early recovery, and I really put it down to Ambien. Doesn't seem like many people have discussed the topic of memory much on here, so not sure about random memories coming back, but I have noticed as I am returning to "myself" more, I notice that my brain is behaving more like itself in its previous state, if that makes sense. So my memories are also returning.

One thing that used to happen during the "end of days' on adderall was a strong feeling of deja vu, it was embarassing because I would say it probably 2-3 times a week and people I am sure thought I was going crazy. Ahhh I'm so glad not to be there any more. Give me laziness and cellulite over that shit any day.

• Like 1

I had a huge problem with my short to mid term memory in my early recovery, and I really put it down to Ambien. Doesn't seem like many people have discussed the topic of memory much on here, so not sure about random memories coming back, but I have noticed as I am returning to "myself" more, I notice that my brain is behaving more like itself in its previous state, if that makes sense. So my memories are also returning.

One thing that used to happen during the "end of days' on adderall was a strong feeling of deja vu, it was embarassing because I would say it probably 2-3 times a week and people I am sure thought I was going crazy. Ahhh I'm so glad not to be there any more. Give me laziness and cellulite over that shit any day.

Yeah, i always have had deja vu, but i too realized it was occurring more often than not while on adderall.

I get what you mean though about your brain behaving more how it did in its previous state. I guess that is what is going on in my head. IWell, who the fuck knows what is going on in my head! ha, but certainly can't be as bad as what it was a week ago!

I've had a bad memory day. Missed an appointment and failed to remember some other stuff I should have known. And all this in spite of writing a note to myself and taking my fish oils for the past couple of days. But this is about my working memory, not the random memories coming back at random.

Is this just do to the add? I know that my entire life i forget anything and everything.

Despite writing, 'bring in homework' or 'do laundry' on my hands, i would still forget.

Everyone made jokes because i was the queen of forgetting. On adderall, i rarely missed a beat in the beginning, but at the end i was becoming more forgetful than i was prior to taking it.

I don't get the random flood of memories though. I really don't. It's just weird. Like right now, i just got a flashback to a time like 3 years ago, a rainy day when i stayed home and read this really good book. I get semi detailed imagery, then its gone.

So weird.