QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Insomnia has Lifted at 7.5 Months

FisherKing

I just wanted to write this for those who are wondering when their insomnia will lift. For me, it was exactly 7.5 months. I finally get sleepy and sleep 8 or more hours at night. I think this will be the turning point because I wasn't getting better. I've felt the same exact way I felt the first week I quit, and I believe it's because I haven't been able to sleep.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I was looking for information on Adderall addiction and came across this page. My boyfriend had a bad addiction to Adderall and one day decided to stop cold turkey. He has not taken it for three months now however, the side effects have been horrible and I’m just curious what is normal? He has not been able to have a decent nights sleep in months, he is very irritable. He has horrible brain fog. He has no motivation.Horrible anxiety and signs of depression. Are these all common symptoms? I’m curious to hear how long this will last for and what helps? 
Thanks!

Edited by Asd
Add more info

@AsdYes, those are all common. Look up Post Acute Withdrawals (PAWS). There are some good videos on YouTube about it. I didn't start getting tired and sleepy for almost 8 months. I've been depressed, anxious, irritable, and I've had brain fog, lack of motivation, and so on. I have the worst anxiety now which is debilitating. I'm also very indecisive. I started going to Narcotics Anonymous to gain the tools and support to overcome this. The good news is, it does get better. It takes time.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Hi anyone here. 

It is March 15 2024 now, I quit January 19th.  I have all those symptoms you described above. The weirdest thing is that I expected to be sleeping like a baby and tired and lethargic but i have non stop anxiety and can't sit still and cannot sleep without sleep aids, in my case, clonopan and gabapentin.  So now I am going to have to go through literal hell to get off those demonic drugs. I would say I am mostly dysfunctional.  I wasn't very functional before which is why I finally decided to quit for good.   Adderall made me feel hopeful that I could be ok but I never actually read more, never did well at my social work job (documenting for hours and retyping sentences well into the night). 

Maybe this gets better later maybe not but I need some help, mostly getting shit done.   

Did NA have ideas for this? Thanks