QuittingAdderall.com Forums

I've been taking adderall regularly for four months, how hard will recovery be?

raymayd

I've been taking adderall on and off regularly for the past 4 months. I'd take it 2 days in a row and then go one day off.

At least half of the past 4 months are days I took 15-25mg of adderall xr.

How hard will recovery be. I'm in the process of growing my online business and it requires a lot of thought and focused work which is why adderall was so appealing to me, but I'm worried now that it will ruin my life if I continue. 

What is a reasonable timeline for me? 

It shouldn't be bad for you. There is never a timeline specific, but with the very very very small amount of time you've used, I think you will be in the clear very soon. I would do anything to go back to month 4 of my use and wise up and stop. You are in a great spot. Good for you for recognizing it. Get off it now and stay the natural course. It will be worth it. 

@raymayd it depends on what you mean by hard. 4 months of non-daily use at those doses should be a quick physical recovery for you. Honestly, a week or 2 and you should be back where you were before you started.

Psychologically and emotionally could be more difficult especially if you have worked successfully on Adderall and have yet to experience severe side effects. It’s hard to forget how Adderall makes you feel, and that temptation when you’re feeling sluggish or depressed or up against a work deadline will take longer to go away.

You’re likely here because something about your relationship to this drug has you worried. I once was in your shoes. I vividly remember visiting this site for the first time a couple months after my first Adderall. That was 9 years ago and I went on to use for 4 devastating years before getting clean. If you’re already here, best to stop now before it gets worse for you. Good luck.