QuittingAdderall.com Forums

and it's all coming back..

Kyle_Chaos

It's strange that we've all become addicted enough to a pill that we have to wait months upon months to return to our normal selves. It's insane to me that a pill exists that immerses you so deeply in a different reality that you forget who the real you is/was.

I remember in the past when I first went on my first one night Adderall binge, it took me three weeks to start to feel "witty" and like "myself" again.

I'm starting to feel again. noticing little things here and there..the mental fog is fading. I hope this isn't the last of the positive effects of quitting. I hope there is more to come and that once I'm a year clean that the mental clarity of being that long without will not even make the pill seem tempting.

I may have rambled a bit above, but I'm in a good mood and I just felt like writing.

I wish you all the best of luck. I was a HARDCORE Adderall abuser, and if I'm starting to return to normal then there is hope for all of us.

31772a1eead70b23d0ed9ddec95c9632-d5dn6u0.jpg

• Like 3

YEAH KYLE!!! Right on!! I don't think those are the last of the positive effects, I really think they will only continue to get better and better!!!

How long have you been clean?

I think you're right-- I think there might come a time when you are not even tempted to take it anymore. When you hate it and fear it and want nothing to do with it. I mean everyone is different, but from my own previous experience of long-term quitting (those 6 years I was quit), I hated and feared it. And even when I did relapse, I didn't WANT to.... I was scared to take it... but someone handed me one, and I had stuff to do, so I took it. BAD CHOICE. But my point is, I am confident that you WILL get to a place where you're no longer even tempted by it. Actually, it sounds like you're well on your way there!!

Thanks for posting this! It made me really happy!!!

YEAH KYLE!!! Right on!! I don't think those are the last of the positive effects, I really think they will only continue to get better and better!!!

I think you're right-- I think there might come a time when you are not even tempted to take it anymore. When you hate it and fear it and want nothing to do with it. I mean everyone is different, but from my own previous experience of long-term quitting (those 6 years I was quit), I hated and feared it. And even when I did relapse, I didn't WANT to.... I was scared to take it... but someone handed me one, and I had stuff to do, so I took it. BAD CHOICE. But my point is, I am confident that you WILL get to a place where you're no longer even tempted by it. Actually, it sounds like you're well on your way there!!

I'm definitely scared of it now, and even though I'm tempted..there's a part of me that's growing to not want to take it. The part of me that appreciates the small things and knows how to relax :P

Oh, yeah, I've been clean since December 10th..that was when I relapsed. Before that I had not taken it since September.

Nice pic :)

How "hardcore" of an abuser were you? And how long have you been clean? I considered myself a hardcore abuser too,but everyones definition differs I suppose. Congrats on the sobriety and positivity !! Woohoo

I would go through 90 30 MG XR's in about a month.. I would wait until I got my refill, and I would repeat the process. This went on for about two years.

I've been clean since December 10th, that was when I relapsed..before that I hadn't taken it since September.

• Like 1