QuittingAdderall.com Forums

update on my therapy session

Searchingsoul9

Met with my new counselor today. She is really sweet. I feelt comfortable with her right away. She asked me a bucket load full of questions. About my eating,drug use, childhood, abusive ex, family life, etc. I was completely honest. Told her about the adderall. She says a lot of people are misdiagnosed add when in reality depression,anxiety can mimic add symptoms.

She thinks I should see a legitimate psychiatrist and get evaluated and be on a combonation of medicines. Shbelieves I have a mood disorder, possibly bipolar.anxiety, depression, and ocd. Those I already knew. We didn't get to finish the full evaluation before an hour was up. I go back this Thursday. She says she really likes working with people my age and with my type of issues. So that's great too. I'm excited to see her again and hopeful that things will start looking up. Been up since 630am, had work until 1030, then drove the 30 mins to therapy, now at car dealership, then I should be home by 5 and plan to relax the rest of the day. I believe I am now on day 9 adderall free

• Like 3

Check out the book, "Living with depression and bipolar disorder". Might help, certainly helped me. I read the whole thing in an afternoon. That's when I realized I needed professional help.

http://www.amazon.com/Living-Well-Depression-Bipolar-Disorder/dp/0060897422

• Like 1