QuittingAdderall.com Forums

30 days clean need advise

IsabellaSummerlove

I have been on adderall for 7 years. It made me focus on stupid things and i wasted all my time. I am almost done with my Associates in Science degree. I am premed. Adderall made me fail my classes by late submissions or beccoming too distracted to even show up to class. By the 7th year I was taking 8-10 20mg pills a day. I has become delusional. I went to jail and rehab. I thought I was married to my math professor. I was compleatly dilustional. If it wsnt for my parents i dont know what I would have done. A regular sleep routine and healthy diet and sleep schedule has helped me. But I still struggle with drive and concentration. I need advice on how to regain my focus back in order to finish my degree

• Like 1

Focus on staying clean before worrying about the degree. If you put too much pressure on yourself too soon, you risk pushing yourself back into use patterns. 30 days is pretty early on for the level of use and symptoms you were experiencing. Set small, daily, achievable goals for yourself and take it one step at a time.

• Like 1

@IsabellaSummerlove I agree with @tjzen regarding school. Taking 1-2 classes to start your first semester would be a great middle ground between full time and nothing at all. Start slow to build your confidence and go from there!

As far as medications, I think it’s a good idea to wait until at least 6 months sober before making a decision to add other psychiatric pharmaceuticals. This will give you a better idea of your baseline mental wellbeing without chemicals. THIS IS NOT MEDICAL ADVICE. It’s what worked for me, so I wanted to share.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2023 at 5:08 PM, IsabellaSummerlove said:

Do you think i can get back to the old me, the me who never needed adderall in the first place?

You can definitely get to a point where you won't need adderall, in fact, you are already there at 30 days clean.  But getting beck to the "old me" is going back eight years of your life to the age of 18.  A lot of life has happened since then, and you are now an adult, not a teenager.

As far as your question about medications - I can suggest some supplements that helped me for the first few years post quitting.  I took L-Tyrosine, as needed, for several years.  I also took Lions Mane mushroom supplement.  I took caffeine- laced energy supplements, five hour energy, vitamin B-12, and lots of sugarfree redbull.  Not all at once , of course, but throughout the course of my early recovery.  I found the energy pills to be useful early on, as it satisfied my habit of taking pills for energy.  You may also want to have your vitamin D levels checked or just take one daily for a better mood and better appetite control.  Fish oil is also very beneficial.  I still take fish oil, vitamin c, vitamin d and a vitamin B complex almost daily.  I still drink a red bull or cup of tea in the afternoon if I need an energy boost. 

• Like 2