QuittingAdderall.com Forums

First 'adderall' dream/nightmare

Searchingsoul9

I literally JUST remembered this. So i woke up feeling insanely anxious and scared. I still feel sick to my stomach. So i was racking my brain, trying to figure out why i felt this way.

Then i remembered in lastnights dream someone gave me this shot. It wasn't adderall, it was some injection. They gave it to me and i felt blissfully euphoric. It was like the first high i got on adderall.

The rest of the dream was nightmare-like.

I was kidnapped, raped, and shot and killed. Graphic, i know. But i don't think i have had a good dream for the past 3 or more years.

Everynight i have nightmares. Literally. some worse than others. But always bad.

Why is that?

So maybe that's why i am feeling so anxious. But i don't want any adderall, i just wanna hide in bed all day because i feel so painfully sick/scared

I can't speak to why you have nightmares every night SearchingSoul.... you're gonna have to do some soul searching to figure that one out, maybe with your therapist? Sometimes if we don't work through things, they recur in our dreams.

I think your dream was very profound. I might be reading things into it--sorry if this is too much interpretation or doesn't resonate with you-- It sounds like you might be processing the fuller repercussions of adderall in your dreams. You had the euphoria, then you had that series of bad events in the dream..... Metaphorically, I wonder if all that violence in your dream relates to the self-inflicted violence of taking adderall, that results in a loss of yourself, loss of your will, your body, and ultimately leads towards a form of death. The fact that it was injected into you is sort of like how we take adderall out of the pressure to get stuff done or live up to some external standard.... its not what your soul REALLY wants. As terrifying as it is, I wonder if this dream might be re-affirming that you are on the right path by quitting.......

• Like 1

I can't speak to why you have nightmares every night SearchingSoul.... you're gonna have to do some soul searching to figure that one out, maybe with your therapist? Sometimes if we don't work through things, they recur in our dreams.

I think your dream was very profound. I might be reading things into it--sorry if this is too much interpretation or doesn't resonate with you-- It sounds like you might be processing the fuller repercussions of adderall in your dreams. You had the euphoria, then you had that series of bad events in the dream..... Metaphorically, I wonder if all that violence in your dream relates to the self-inflicted violence of taking adderall, that results in a loss of yourself, loss of your will, your body, and ultimately leads towards a form of death. The fact that it was injected into you is sort of like how we take adderall out of the pressure to get stuff done or live up to some external standard.... its not what your soul REALLY wants. As terrifying as it is, I wonder if this dream might be re-affirming that you are on the right path by quitting.......

Holy cow! That's DEEP! I consider you our resident dream interpreter from now on! :o

• Like 2

I love your response. Dreams mean a lot to me and i love trying to find the connotation.

I think you may be right. The way you described things seems spot on to me. And i really appreciate the thought out reply

xoxox

• Like 1