QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Vivid horrible nightmares (not abt relapse)?

SomedayDreamer

Almost 7 weeks addy-free now, I had a couple relapse dreams early on that were mildly uncomfortable but felt totally relieved upon waking up. But for the past several nights I've been having the most terrifying disturbing nightmares! Horrible, horrible dreams of witnessing tragic things happening and the "traumatized" feeling sticks with me for hours after waking up. Even though I know it was just a nightmare, it takes a long time to shake off the feeling. It's getting to where I dread going to sleep because of the awful things I see in those dreams.

This has never happened to me before, -- did anyone else here experience this as part of PAWS? How many nights/weeks/months did it last?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there somedaydreamer, how's it going? I think I haven't seen you post for a little while so wanted to check in.

And I remembered something about this topic, too. I had horrible nightmares about 6 or 7 weeks in as well. I've never had even one dream about adderall or pills but the nightmares were awful and went on and off for a few weeks. Much better now, only have them about once a week.

Nightmares for me always involve some kind of betrayal and emotional trauma, which means I usually wake up crying. It totally freaks my husband out, especially when I start crying in my dream... not fun!