QuittingAdderall.com Forums

In the Process of Quitting and my whole body is sore

Joe

Hi everyone,

This is my first post and I have a few quick questions. I have been off adderall for about a week now and I am a collegiate athlete. I have not been able to get out of bed and I work out all the time for my sport. my whole body aches and is sore. Is this normal? and when will this stop?

Thanks!

Hi, I'm still on adderall and I don't have experience using this, but I've read people recommend Magnesium Glycinate for muscle aches and as a calming agent. Then other adhd people say Magnesium Citrate is good for the same thing... I don't know the difference. Some of the online adhd people use it to "reduce adderall tolerance" and others have used it as a supplement to help withdrawal effects.

But the people in this forum can probably give you better advice.

I've stopped adderall for 10 months here, 4 months there and I remember feeling VERY worn out in the begining but it passed. Maybe get a massage and take lots of hot baths?

Hi Joe,

Muscle and joint aches and pains are part of amphetamine withdrawl. And if you were/are taking benzos along with the adderall to help you sleep it is much much worse. Adderall made me feel like an old fuck. I moved slow and had pain in my joints. But I am an old fuck pushin' 50. For me, the joint pain lingered for another ten months after I quit. I had to cleanse/detox and start doing yoga before the aches and pains went away. Back to your issues....you should start feeling better with each passing day. Quitting adderall is a lot like having the flu for the first few days.