QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Boring update on my boring life.

Feeling down in the dumps lately.

Day 20 off adderall, longest i have gone in a year.

And since quitting i haven't even had one desire to use, until now.

I don't miss anything about the adderall at this point, except the weight loss effects.

I have gained like 7 lbs. It's my fault because i have been lazy and eating badly.

I feel so horrible though. I thought to myself lastnight, "ill find a way to get some adderall, 'just for a week, just to lose 10lbs'

I know i wont. But the thought crossed my mind and it scares me.

I feel fine in every other aspect without the pills. I feel smarter, less anxiety (to an extent), i sleep better, etc.

But i feel so gross. I just wanna hibernate for 2 weeks and wake up skinny again.

Aww hang in there lovely lady! You should be celebrating in your head because that's an amazing accomplishment!!! 20 days is awesome, and tomorrow it will be 3 weeks, and then 4 and so on. Please stick with it - we need you around here. I look forward to your posts and I love hearing how you are and what you're thinking and doing.

It's so easy to be tempted in to that "quick fix" thinking, isn't it (about the weight loss thing). But you and I know that's not the answer. Adderall is not a diet pill. It's a mind-fucking, life-sapping psychotic pill. At some point you have to be willing to accept the body you have, or go the hard route and work out and diet like everyone else. I suspect you are not overweight, but you like to stand out in the crowd with your svelte body. Maybe just for now stop comparing yourself to others, and how you look on the oustide and focus on how you feel on the inside. Your body is healing, along with your mind. There will be time for diets and what not, but right now the only thing you need to focus on is getting through each day.

I'm relying on you... you're such a strong woman and I know you can beat this horrible mental game. Stay strong!

• Like 2

Aww hang in there lovely lady! You should be celebrating in your head because that's an amazing accomplishment!!! 20 days is awesome, and tomorrow it will be 3 weeks, and then 4 and so on. Please stick with it - we need you around here. I look forward to your posts and I love hearing how you are and what you're thinking and doing.

It's so easy to be tempted in to that "quick fix" thinking, isn't it (about the weight loss thing). But you and I know that's not the answer. Adderall is not a diet pill. It's a mind-fucking, life-sapping psychotic pill. At some point you have to be willing to accept the body you have, or go the hard route and work out and diet like everyone else. I suspect you are not overweight, but you like to stand out in the crowd with your svelte body. Maybe just for now stop comparing yourself to others, and how you look on the oustide and focus on how you feel on the inside. Your body is healing, along with your mind. There will be time for diets and what not, but right now the only thing you need to focus on is getting through each day.

I'm relying on you... you're such a strong woman and I know you can beat this horrible mental game. Stay strong!

Exactly. I was semi ok with my body before adderall. I know i was thin still, just not stick thin. And i grew so accustom to being super thin. And now it's just really unsettling to gain a few pounds. I was thin without adderall before all this, i did it through exercise and getting used to eating less. So, i know it is possible. I got lazy and used to a pill doing all the work,

Thank you for saying all that sweet stuff. It really helps. I know i can't relapse. I would hate to have to be back to day 1 again and i have come pretty far i suppose.

You're the best :)

xx

• Like 1

Hey SearchingSoul - Don't laugh but my friend recommended a book called the beauty detox solution about healthy eating with some really good recipes for green smoothies (ie smoothies made of fruits and veg). You don't have to follow the whole plan but I find that drinking the glowing green smoothie every morning not only gives me energy but keeps me full for hours! I invested in the vitamix which is a superpowered blender which literally takes seconds to blend, grind, make ice-cream or sorbet (out of fruit) -- anyway, not to sound like an infomercial but just drinking water with lemon and a green smoothie in the morning makes me feel great and not even want to drink coffee. It's funny because on ritalin I used to go half the day without eating on tons of coffee -- with the green smoothie I can easily go thru til lunchtime feeling energetic and good, not hungry, not speedy... it's wierd feeling good without feeling speedy. Still trying to get used to that one :D

• Like 2

Hey SearchingSoul - Don't laugh but my friend recommended a book called the beauty detox solution about healthy eating with some really good recipes for green smoothies (ie smoothies made of fruits and veg). You don't have to follow the whole plan but I find that drinking the glowing green smoothie every morning not only gives me energy but keeps me full for hours! I invested in the vitamix which is a superpowered blender which literally takes seconds to blend, grind, make ice-cream or sorbet (out of fruit) -- anyway, not to sound like an infomercial but just drinking water with lemon and a green smoothie in the morning makes me feel great and not even want to drink coffee. It's funny because on ritalin I used to go half the day without eating on tons of coffee -- with the green smoothie I can easily go thru til lunchtime feeling energetic and good, not hungry, not speedy... it's wierd feeling good without feeling speedy. Still trying to get used to that one :D

Thanks for the tip!

I have been drinking coffee at 6 when i get up, then in class i drink tea all day and have a turkey sandiwch at lunch, and i have been okay. Not full, not hungry.

I have massive energy in class and work and all the time, but i am lazy when it comes to exercise haha

I am going to work on that

I went through the same shit with that. I got on the scale not that long after I quit...like 127 lbs!!!! What the fuck!!! I was like 115-120 and good with that...when I was waiting tables full time..popping pills and my husbands shit was all crazy...I was about 100 lbs...wayyyyy to thin. So I feel ya....I hate that dumpy feeling...none of my jeans fit..not well anyway. LOL. I feel like a lard ass...though no one could/would consider me heavy at all. And hello people???? Cellulite and muffin top ARE NOT CURVES. There's a huge difference! !!! Love when I get that.."oh you'll get some curves...some meat on your bones"?????? What the fuck ever with that. This is hard to adjust to...mine leveled out eventually last time...I've also been fairly thin like you,and I'm not the biggest fan of excercising..LOL. I'm old and I have a psycho toddler that's not usually my idea of what to do with some down time.LOL