QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Before, During, and After Adderall

quit-once

Thanks so much for sharing, QO. It's funny, you're on here every day helping others, giving wise and insightful commentary, practical suggestions, comical rhetoric etc. It's unusual to hear your own stories and I like it!

I think it's really cool when we realize that life is actually easier and more do-able without adderall. I'm finding that myself, too. Lots of little things each day that I avoided like the plague while I was on adderall because I got so confused with the simplest mental tasks.

Tomorrow I have a whole ton of financial stuff to take care of that honestly I haven't looked at in over a year. And you know what? Although it's going to take a lot of concentration and mental organization to do it, i'm not anxious, I'm just looking forward to getting it in order and having one more thing crossed off the list.

• Like 2

I refinanced my house off adderall too and the paperwork probably took less time than it would have all jacked up. On the flip side, I did all my husband's immigration paperwork on adderall (which was way more crap) and I don't remember it taking that long...but I do recall obsessively checking my work over and over and over again...

There was a period on adderall where I didn't open my mail for like, a year. A year! All my bills were auto-paid, so I didn't get into any trouble there, but all these other pieces of mail just stacked up on my counter. After a couple months of neglecting the mail, I became scared to open it, so I just kept on accumulating it in this huge overflowing pile on the counter like a goddamn letter hoarder. I was SCARED. OF THE MAIL.

I also developed phone phobia during this time. I became terrified of talking to people on the phone, despite having spent the last six years working in...wait for it... PHONE SALES! I remember once having to call a bank to transfer an old 401k and it took me hours to muster the courage to do this ridiculously mundane thing. What will I say? Will the bank call center person like me? Will she think I'm stupid? Will she know I'm high? Damn, I was a mess back then!

• Like 3

There was a period on adderall where I didn't open my mail for like, a year. A year! All my bills were auto-paid, so I didn't get into any trouble there, but all these other pieces of mail just stacked up on my counter. After a couple months of neglecting the mail, I became scared to open it, so I just kept on accumulating it in this huge overflowing pile on the counter like a goddamn letter hoarder. I was SCARED. OF THE MAIL.

I had the same experience with my mail, Cassie. I'm not sure if I stacked it up for an entire year but I know there were several times I would have a pile of 6-9 months worth of bullshit mail that I just didn't want to deal with. I remember the "mail triage" where I would set aside the bills and everything else went into the pile on my kitchen counter. For months and months.

You know what else always piled up? The dishes. All I had to do was put the dirties in the dishwasher but I couldn't be bothered with that menial task. I would fill up the sink and kitchen counter with dirty dishes until there were no more clean ones to use. Then, it would seem like an epic achievement to clean up the kitchen! Laundry was the same way. But since quitting, I have never really struggled with either one of those basic household chores. I sure don't miss all those adderall-induced handicaps.

• Like 2