QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Can't cry whatthewhat?

Lastnight i was slightly ...very drunk. Sometimes when i drink i get super depressed and sad.

Well, i felt sad and wanted to cry, but it was like this fake, forced cry. No tears. Then i just got mad and stopped trying.

Again tonight. This time i am sober though. I haven't been able to cry since quitting.

Maybe a couple tears, but that's it.

Crying makes me feel better and now i have no way to release my sadness, WTF.

SearchingSoul is this still happening? Feeling any better? Just seeing this now...

I feel ya, crying is a good release. I feel like it releases those relaxing chemicals in my brain. I find it really hard to cry too. Maybe a sad movie? Something you can relate to? Or sad songs?

Not to encourage wallowing in sadness, the blues, depression. But sometimes, when you need to cry, you just need to get it flowing. Sometimes, we just need it-- we need to honor and release our sadness. Sometimes we are chemically depressed. Sometimes we just need to mourn. I think the trick is to navigate the difference and recognize when it's keeping you back from your life.