QuittingAdderall.com Forums

I’m having a bad mental health day and I don’t know what to do other than post here. 

My to do list is getting longer with less and less getting done. My energy levels are abismal. I’m rapidly gaining weight. It’s been two and a half months off of stimulants and my dr says I should be back to normal. My husband says to listen to my dr. But I feel like garbage and I’m not doing well keeping up with my responsibilities. 

I’m struggling bad. Today is hard. I’m mad at myself for being in this position, I wish I never touched stimulants in the first place. I had no idea what getting off of them would be like. 

As always, any guidance is appreciated. 

I’m so sorry you are having a bad day. I feel you and curse myself for even trying stimulants. I had successfully stayed away from them until post college when I caved and haven’t been able to get back to my true self since then. I have been following your journey and it is very inspiring that you have made it to 2.5 months!!! I look up to you a lot and can’t wait to get to that point! I keep trying and come to this website and forum almost everyday to help with this process. It is brutal. I keep failing but continue trying to get curious and learn about why I take it, why I don’t want to take it and why it’s actually not helpful. I know I’m just an internet stranger but I really hope you have a better day tomorrow! Have you tried the calm app? It has helped me wean down from 120mgs to 2.5-10 mgs where I’m currently stuck :/ I know I can’t officially be a part of this incredibly successful group of quitters yet as I can never string more than a few days together but I think the most important thing is to keep trying. On the days I don’t take it and am struggling so bad I at least meditate and write down 1 thing on my to do list. My therapist told me checking things off creates dopamine. Also have you had your thyroid checked? I went to an integrative health doc who checked both my T4 AND T3. Most regular doctors don’t check t3 but it is important. She is currently helping me regulate it through a GTA vitamin as well as Berberine (natures ozempic she said), olive leaf and Lypase to fix my gut as I try and once and for all get my thyroid right to get off adderall. Veeshoney and Rickie freedman are very inspirational. One day I hope to be them (and you!!!). 

• 2 months later...
On 7/17/2024 at 6:30 PM, Hopefulily said:

I’m so sorry you are having a bad day. I feel you and curse myself for even trying stimulants. I had successfully stayed away from them until post college when I caved and haven’t been able to get back to my true self since then. I have been following your journey and it is very inspiring that you have made it to 2.5 months!!! I look up to you a lot and can’t wait to get to that point! I keep trying and come to this website and forum almost everyday to help with this process. It is brutal. I keep failing but continue trying to get curious and learn about why I take it, why I don’t want to take it and why it’s actually not helpful. I know I’m just an internet stranger but I really hope you have a better day tomorrow! Have you tried the calm app? It has helped me wean down from 120mgs to 2.5-10 mgs where I’m currently stuck :/ I know I can’t officially be a part of this incredibly successful group of quitters yet as I can never string more than a few days together but I think the most important thing is to keep trying. On the days I don’t take it and am struggling so bad I at least meditate and write down 1 thing on my to do list. My therapist told me checking things off creates dopamine. Also have you had your thyroid checked? I went to an integrative health doc who checked both my T4 AND T3. Most regular doctors don’t check t3 but it is important. She is currently helping me regulate it through a GTA vitamin as well as Berberine (natures ozempic she said), olive leaf and Lypase to fix my gut as I try and once and for all get my thyroid right to get off adderall. Veeshoney and Rickie freedman are very inspirational. One day I hope to be them (and you!!!). 

You’re in a better place than I was by even being here and reading others stories. Life is so much greater on the other side, I promise.