QuittingAdderall.com Forums

18 MONTHS CLEAN

Dear QA Friends,

Eighteen months ago today, on 2-22-2022, I had the most epic downfall of my life. As I was being presented on stage at a sales kickoff event for work in Las Vegas, I was tweaking out of my mind and drifted into hallucinations of things that still, to this day, I cannot conceive possible. I hit the hardest rock bottom of my life and lost my job. It was the most tragic thing that happened to me as I loved my job more than any job I had ever known, and I worked around the clock for 18 months straight. I was a president's club winner, received a promotion, and worked on multiple projects for this company. My epic $838,000 sale was presented on stage at sales kickoff, but I had spiraled so far out of control with alcohol and concerta I lost everything. :( I was unemployed for 8 months. I could not find a job. It was god awful. I went from being the company's star to what felt like the world's biggest loser.

Today, 18 months later, I am happy to say life is good again. :)

I am engaged to a lovely man who has two small children and I will become a stepmom next spring. I sold my condo, and we are building a brand new amazing dream home, which we will move into this November. I have three jobs today. I am now working for my dad's company and have begun a new career in finance. I also work for a triathlon company with my fiance and get to serve athletes at racing events all over Ohio. Last but not least, we are eloping to Maui, HI, in May, running a half marathon on my birthday, and then getting married on the beach at sunset. It's all on my birthday (the day we got engaged) last year. I also work at a retail store for discounts and fun. I have restored my relationship with my family members and have a total new life. I also just completed Ironman Louisville 70.3 this past Sunday. It was epic. 

I mention all these things to give hope to anyone out there who is struggling to find their way out of addiction to Adderall and or any ADHD medication, amongst other drugs. I've had addiction issues since I was 13 years old, and I am now 45. It is never too late. It's amazing looking back at how much changed in just 18 months. It makes me wonder where I will be 18 months from today as long as I continue to stay clean and sober. The one different thing is this. time around I began taking Naltrexone which has been a God send. It eliminated my cravings for all drugs and alcohol. I do no want any of it, and I don't even attend meetings. The desire is not there, so I'm good. Not that meetings can't be helpful; having a support group is great. I just don't have time for one at this point in my life I have so many things going on. However, my fiance doesn't drink with me and supports me 100%, which is truly the most remarkable and incredible thing that has helped me. We do a lot of road races and keep ourselves busy with all kinds of fun activities. I don't even miss my old, wild, crazy days. I am happy with the simple things in life, like taking road trips, spending time with family and friends, etc.

Please don't hesitate to post your story if you come here lurking around and need help. We want to help you. Secrets will keep you stuck. Please share your story and open up the doors of your soul to those of us who have found our way out of hell. The flip side is a much happier place. 

Peace, love, and joy to all.

Love,

Liltex41

P.S. I've had this dream for over 10 years that one day I will write a novel, and it will be called...

image.png

Cheers to another chapter written, lol.

• Like 3

Dear Liltex41,

You are beyond impressive and inspiring! I am so happy for you and truly love reading about your happiness. You clearly have an incredible work ethic as well.
I  have been following you for some time as I struggle to get off my last 10mgs. Thank you for the reminders and continued inspiration. Thank you for taking the time out of your full life to come back here and help those of us who are still trying to get clean. For some reason I always imagined that you were in your 20s or early 30s because of your energy. 
I am going to ask my doctor about Naltrexone as I too have always struggled with ADHD and addiction in some way or another since I was 14. I am continuing to try do the inner work which I hope will help me get where you are but plan to ramp it up once my kids are back in school in the fall. I dream of running a marathon adderall free and you have more than accomplished that! 
Wishing you continued success and happiness!! Will take allll of the other tips regarding nutrition, running gels, etc as I recently looked into those to see if they would help with post adderall recovery  I’m so sensitive to caffeine and other supplements even on my off addy days and I am trying to find something to replace it that won’t ramp up my anxiety   Thank you again!!!

• Like 2

Dear Hopefully,

I am so happy to hear I've inspired someone out there! This makes my heart smile beyond words! <3 

Please let me know how the Naltrexone goes!! It is incredibly cheap and sometimes even free with insurance!! It's the most beautiful thing that's ever happened to me. I was so horribly hooked on alcohol, kratom, and concerta. I never thought I wouldn't struggle to want those things, but I never think about them. It's miraculous!!

As far as marathoning, omg, yes, get it!! Are you running now and working towards the marathon goal? I am more than happy to share my favorite training plans and anything I can to help you. Crossing that finish line is one of the most epic feelings ever! You will love it!!

And yes, I can't suggest running enough for post-adderall recovery. It's a life saver!

Feel free to message me anytime and keep us posted on your training and kicking that last 10mg. You got this!! 

Love, 

LilTex

• Like 2