QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Adderall Tolerence

Confused84

Hi all,

I have a question about Adderall tolerance for anyone that might be able to answer –

I've been taking prescription Adderall XR for ADD for about a year now ... before that I was taking Adderall IR for about 14 years (so a total of about 15 years)--all at a consistent dosage of between 30 - 40mgs a day … At this point I feel that the drug is pretty much just wearing off after about two or so hours after I take it—which is tolerance, right. Is the way that I feel after it wears off the same as the way that I’d feel naturally, had I never started taking Adderall? Thanks.

The overuse of dopamine in your brain is causing an influx of calcium ions. Your brain is going to produce more glutamates in an attempt to delute the calcium with an over production of glutamates. unfortunately this causes adderall tolerence and is actually toxic enough to make brain cells explode. All you need is an NMDA receptor antagonist such as chelated magnesium taken every night to slow the tolerence down or stop it completely. This worked for me back when I was on adderall.

Did you get all of that? ;)

Hi all,

I have a question about Adderall tolerance for anyone that might be able to answer –

I've been taking prescription Adderall XR for ADD for about a year now ... before that I was taking Adderall IR for about 14 years (so a total of about 15 years)--all at a consistent dosage of between 30 - 40mgs a day … At this point I feel that the drug is pretty much just wearing off after about two or so hours after I take it—which is tolerance, right. Is the way that I feel after it wears off the same as the way that I’d feel naturally, had I never started taking Adderall? Thanks.

When it wears off after 2 hours you are basically crashing from the rush it gives you. The ups are of course followed by downs. If you had never taken it in your life, you would never have these upswings and downswings from amphetamines. You'd feel more even.

The good news is When you quit, you start to feel more emotionally stable again. You have that to look forward to when you quit.

• Like 1