QuittingAdderall.com Forums

I need a sense of hope ...

Confused84

Is there anyone on here that consider themselves fully or nearly recovered after 15 or more years of between 30 mgs – 40 mgs a day (or more)—EVERY SINGLE DAY—usage of Adderall (without problems of abuse)? I need some sense of hope and someone I can specifically relate to! Thanks all.

I was taking 60mg of XR in the morning, 15mg of regular in the afternoon, plus wellbutrin. I learned I had a ton of health problems that the adderall was covering up and the doctors were making worse. I went to a functional medicine doctor and cleaned up my system. I'm still working on it, but a year later I'm WAY better. I've only been taking 30mg a day when I work out. Honestly, the days I take the amphetamine I feel way better than when I was taking the whole bunch a year ago. I'm now thinking that taking 30mg one day a week is keeping me off kilter. I'm getting there, though. I've learned what a healthy diet is (rather than what the FDA and food industry tells you it is.) The point is, maybe you should look at your diet and other health issues if you're having problems. Just an idea.

I believe our senior member InRecovery took it for 12 years and was a heavy abuser - now he's getting his MBA and kicking ass without stimulants. The brain is plastic and will adapt to the lack of artificial stimulation over time. But normalcy takes a very long time and if you don't have patience and faith, you will not make it through the lengthy process.

• Like 2

Confused, I only took it for 5 years, but I was a SLAVE to it for those 5 years and I NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS thought I'd quit for good and be able or WANT to live life without it. I've been clean for 31 months as of 6-12-13. I don't even think about it anymore. I never thought I'd get this far in recovery, but with time you will be free. You just have to get off, stay off, and FIGHT LIKE HELL with all the PERSISTENCE and DETERMINATION in the world. You WILL RECOVER if you want it bad enough. YOU CAN DO THIS. Just stay close to the boards and everyone here will help you. HUGS!

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

That's freaking awesome!! I don't know how you're feeling right now, but I speak for a lot of new people here and a lot of lurkers by saying you are such an inspiration for being off it for 12 days after 15 years. Cannot even imagine. My heart goes out to you. Stay strong and keep us updated! Very interested to hear about your progress.