QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Time to quit......after 17 years

pillpopper

Hi everyone! I am standing here at my desk trying to type after deciding that I had to get off all these pills. My current cocktail is:

60MG Addy XR

40 MG Addy IR

20 Prozac

150 Wellbutrin

4 omega-3's everyday

just stopped taking these green tea coffee extract pills

After doing something absolutely horrendous and hurting someone I love and almost losing my family, I think it is time for me to quit. I am not taking anymore pills today. Last time I tried, I gave in because I feel like a robot. I can barely count. I am like mentally disabled without it. I am a highly functioning and intelligent person. Currently I run my own company and am in school to get my MBA. I am afraid that all my productivity is going to go down the tubes. I will be lazy. I am not sure what to do. In order to keep my family, they have demanded that I quit all these drugs.

My friends, I am an adderall addict. I cannot function without. Please help.

As long as you believe you are quitting for them instead of yourself it will never work. You have to want to quit for you in the worst way. Until you get to that point, don't bother trying to quit.

Congratulations for realizing you have a serious addiction to a hardcore drug(s).

I suggest you do some advanced planning for the quit.

• Like 2

-Pillpopper,

How are things going? Unfortunately I can't really give you any advice since I'm still taking Adderall ... I just wanted to write and tell you I'm rooting for you ... I too have been taking stimulants for about 17 years (Ritilin for 2 years and then Adderall for the past 15 years [at 30 - 40 milligrams a day every day]) ... I'm planning on quitting Adderall after I'm done with school ...

Do you mind if I ask you how old you were when you started Adderall? I'm just curious because I was put on Adderall at about 14 and it would be nice to find someone else who'd been on it from such a relatively young age for so long ... Anyway, good luck and keep us updated!