QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Just stopped taking it ...

Confused84

Haven't taken the poison since early Thursday morning ... I don't have a lot going on right now but I can't believe how good I'm doing ... I almost feel fine! It doesn't really make any since ... The only thing I can think of--since I have Seasonal Bipolar Disorder (not very well known but basically this follows the same pattern as Seasonal Affective Disorder only you actually get manic in the summer time) is that I happened to quit at exactly the right time for me (past the Summer Solstice) which is affecting my mood and cognition to the point where I hardly even notice being off the med. I've been on Adderall for fifteen years (at between 30 - 40 milligrams a day--every day). Can anyone else rate to this???? I mean this is seriously like a MIRICLE that I'm doing so good ... Any thoughts?

Remember how good you telecoms back and read this---- feel it the happiness and just Pyrenees....addiction is a little evil monster who BOOM pops up and the good feelings go away and ifs just use use screw it. Those thoughts seem so far away and unrealistic but due to our addicted brain it's inevitable to happen so not only 're read this post you wrote but keep a journal and start NEW patterns

Haven't taken the poison since early Thursday morning ... I don't have a lot going on right now but I can't believe how good I'm doing ... I almost feel fine! It doesn't really make any since ... The only thing I can think of--since I have Seasonal Bipolar Disorder (not very well known but basically this follows the same pattern as Seasonal Affective Disorder only you actually get manic in the summer time) is that I happened to quit at exactly the right time for me (past the Summer Solstice) which is affecting my mood and cognition to the point where I hardly even notice being off the med. I've been on Adderall for fifteen years (at between 30 - 40 milligrams a day--every day). Can anyone else rate to this???? I mean this is seriously like a MIRICLE that I'm doing so good ... Any thoughts?

Good for you! I can relate. The first month clean wasn't bad for me. You've got the quitting momentum in the beginning, the novelty of making a life change. For me, the second month was when the hardcore depression and despair really set in. If you're serious about staying off the pills, you must be prepared for a lot of up and downs in your mood the first year sober. You will feel better, then worse, better, then worse. I also quit during a good time of year for me: winter in phoenix, so I could spend a lot of time hiking in the mountains.

I'm happy for you! Keep that momentum going because like Cassie said, there are usually ups and downs. It's great that you're quitting during the right time of year.

Moving forward, it might help to stay grounded in the way you feel about quitting right now. The happiness will give you momentum that will help you stay positive as you ride this out.

Congratulations on your new chapter of life!!!

I can totally relate to using the solstice as a quitting tool. for me, the summer solstace was my ultimate deadline for quitting and I managed to kick it in early June, two years ago. I also used my natural summer energy cycle for motivation to not relapse, fearing that I would likely have to wait another year for the ideal time in my energy cycle if I fucked up and relapsed. And I simply could not take another year of that awful addiction.

Is getting manic in the summertime such a bad thing? I do not really understand mania, but I believe it is just the opposite of being depressed?

I thind you are feeling so good at the moment because you are experiencing the new reality of freedom from addiction. And you just cant put a price tag on personal freedom.

Congratulations for quitting, Confused. Once you get a few months of adderall freedom under your belt, you may need to change your name. I was confused all the time in the later stages of my addiction, and everytime I took too much adderall throughout my nine years of adderall life existence.

• Like 1