QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Adderall Recovery

Confused84

With Adderall recovery … After a person considers him or herself recovered is it that they have actually improved (mentally / cognitively)—or is it that they’ve simply learned to cope?  I know that everyone is different and that it's probably a combination of the two but can somebody tell me where I'm headed?  Any comments?

hey confused. when you are on adderall you are in a "haze". You may feel good but youre seeing the world through an adderall haze. When you stop, the haze goes away and you begin to see the world clearly.

• Like 1

At one year post quit, I considered myself recovered because I had learned to cope. I was OK with that because I felt so much better that I did while using or even better that six months out. At two years, I consider myself recovered because I have improved mentally, physically and emotionally. I now realize that I really was not fully recovered last year, even though I thought I was doing OK. I still lacked motivation. But not now. My memory and cognition are still returning too - so in that respect I am still recovering. And my motivation is still not the 100% I would like it to be.

I'm coming up on 7 mos. in a week or so and I finally have had 2 days where I haven't hated / dreaded my job.  I still don't have my motivation back, but at least it's not as much of a miserable existance and I am more productive lately.  So my opinion is that it is a combination of coping and recovery.  "Fake it 'til you make it" may be applicable to our situation?

90% recovered, 90% to go.