QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Reaching Out for Help Can Be Really Wonderful Sometimes

Corey

I nearly relapsed today, upon receiving my new health insurance card in the mail; the connotation being I'd have cheap and easy access to adderall. I'd relapsed just before the start of the summer, essentially staying up and doing school work for 2 weeks straight after 8 months of being clean. I've been clean the rest of the summer, but a big factor in that was my health insurance through school expiring (until this month). Faced with temptation, I called and talked to my girlfriend, who was proud of me for asking her for help. As soon as I called her, I realized how ridiculous it was to even contemplate (when I relapsed, it only served to remind me of the debilitating side-effects and struggles that come with the drug). I feel really fortunate to have someone close in my life who understands the severity and seriousness of adderall addictions and who supports me, since most people seem to generally not grasp that there is a problem with being dependent on the drug in the first place. I am proud of myself for reaching out and am so grateful for the support I received; however small this event appears on the outside, I felt myself taking a very concrete step away from life as a hopeless addict and towards being an actual person.

• Like 3

Good job Corey. You picked up the telephone in time to save yourself. We all need telephone support for the very reason that is is immediate. We can all learn a valuable lesson here. Even a good recovery has fragile moments. Thank you for sharing.

• Like 1