QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Welcome back Melvin Smiley

JustinW

OK, I had a bad experience this weekend.  I got rushed, panicked, and peer pressured into buying something that my Adderall self would not have purchased; or at least I would have been in control of the purchase.  I have been upset about it ever since it happened on Saturday and I can't seem to shake it.  Before Adderall I was always a pushover but I wasn't when I was on it because I was a jerk.  So now I am feeling down because I felt that I have regressed and now have no spine.

OTOH, someone got blustery with me at work on Friday and I didn't take their crap so maybe I'm not a complete loss?

Thanks for listening.

Oh crap, I guess the road to healing has to be paved with honesty.  No I cannot return it.

The whole thing started this spring when my father-in-law was selling a rifle with a nicer scope than mine so he swapped the two scopes as the difference between the two on the secondary market would have been negligable.  I gladly accepted the offer but didn't get a chance to shoot the gun until late this summer.  I couldn't get the thing sighted in after shooting more than 20 rounds.  I had to make it back up to the range thus my need to go up North for the weekend, which you may have noticed me bitching about in another thread.  I put another 30 rounds through the gun and could not get the thing sighted in so I decided to go to the gun shop and purchase a new set of mounts because my father-in-law said that the mounts on the gun were garbage.  This seemed reasonable so we went to the shop.  When the gun smith removed the old mounts one of the mounting screws was snapped in half making me think that there were some problems afoot.  With the new mounts in place the gun smith was unable to get things bore sighted so immediately everyone starts saying the gun is the problem.  This seems reasonable because the gun was an entry level gun.  During this whole thing I kept saying that it didn't make any sense because my old scope was able to be sighted in, in fact I was quite successful over the years with the combination.  At this point my father-in-law asks how much they will give me in trade for my old gun and the process starts fitting the old scope on the new gun.  Low and behold the old scope is found out to be the issue.  I had already filled out the paperwork, so what the hell, I guess I'll buy a new scope to use until Nikon can replace the old one.  My friend offers to buy the new scope from me after I get the old one back.  The adderall me would have insisted on proximate cause and had a new scope fitted to my old gun; I just let everyone bowl over me and I panicked because of my upcoming hunting trip.

So I spent money that I didn't want to spend on a gun that I didn't need to buy and I feel like crap about it, plus I had to try to explain it to my wife and I couldn't because there was no good reason to do it.

Yah. I've made similar regrettable purchases (luggage,laptops etc). Stressing about upcoming trips etc. Hopefully you have a successful hunting trip and are able to sell the new scope. I've only ever hunted with a crossbow so I'm short on gun advice. I think this is an ADHD thing. Probably a good idea to read up on Adhd spending strategies.