QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Quitting Cold Turkey Tomarrow After 3rd Attempt

Nickaroo

Hello guys so basically i have been on this medication for 5 years and couldnt take feeling like a zombie and striving away from finding my soul any longer. I dont see the point in weaning off as i just want to start as soon as i can and get through the chemical dependancy as fast as i can. Im a 20 year old male and I just cant work at a dead end job and taking the medication anymore not knowing if im doing what i like doing or not. I have every sign for the "How to know if your ready to quit" section too. Id like to know what suppliments i should take and if i should start exercising right away or wait for my body to rest for the first week or so? 

The most nerv racking part of quitting is that i feel like i wont be able to go to work but its a dead end job anyways and i feel like its a better investment for me to help my health before my job.

Nickaroo,

Welcome to the forum, going to a crappy job when you are feeling crappy is tough.  A lot of people don't like their jobs.  The key is that you see your job as a means to an end.  Stop relying on your work as a path to happiness.  Use your work to support your separate path to happiness.  If you work 40 hours per week grinding away you still end up with 128 hours to sleep and pursue the things that intrigue you.  I'm not promoting that you don't look for other job oportunities; I'm just saying that you can have a crummy job and still be happy.

This was a recent realization for me as I don't really enjoy my job very much, but it allows me to take my kids to school every day; meaning that I get an extra 40 minutes a day with them that I wouldn't get if I had a different job because I probably wouldn't be able to find employment as close to their school as I have now.