QuittingAdderall.com Forums

My call for help/Addiction

Teeto94

My experience with Adderall started about a year and ahalf ago when I was 17. My ex girlfriends brother and I were hanging out playing Xbox and he had offered me a 30 mg. Adderall to improve my gameplay. I didn't really think too much of it so I went ahead and popped it. Eventually, I started feeling more focused and intuned with the game.. Long story short I fell in love with the high. After about amonth I would buy it from friends and pop it on a daily basis. The doses to get me high went up from 30mg to now about 100. I lost my girlfriend at the time, friends and weight. When I'm not on it I feel depressed, low confidence, out of norm and on edge. I currently live with my girlfriend who recently discovered my addiction for adderall. She has given me a chance either the pills or our relationship. I desperately wanna quit to restore my relationships with the people I care about. I have too much to lose.. My girlfriend, my housing, friends, family, my future ect. I've realized my addiction is a problem.. I don't eat regularly and have lost about 20 lbs. I spend entirely too much money on Adderall and when I don't have the money I'll pawn,sell, or trade things for it. I sincerely want to quit! I just don't know how. I'm lost.. I'm going to take this program and serious as possible. Please help.

If you are serious about quitting and cant take it anymore. First thing is first. Call your doctor, or leave a voicemail for your doctor, tell them that adderall has become a serious problem for you and essentially cut off ties with him.

Then flush your current stash of pills.

Then you have to go through the required detox. Get some blankets and sleep. Or You can check yourself into detox or if you can do it on your own, try that way. Its going to be a miserable experience but you have to put yourself through it if you want get better. Cutting off your doctor i think will give you the best chance of beating this.

• Like 3

The good news is, you're an addict. It's alright, embrace it. Now realize that you can't take the drug anymore, and be aware that you are vulnerable to future addictive behavior (which I'd be happy to elaborate on if you wish).

If you are trying to stop using and find you cant, I'd recommend visiting a few meetings of Narcotics Anonymous. It's really a good group of people, and there will be no judgement or prying into your personal life. The website for meeting locations is: http://portaltools.na.org/portaltools/MeetingLoc/

Don't be afraid to speak up. It's actually pretty beneficial just to raise your hand and say "I'm (soandso) and I'm an addict".

You could also consider talking with a psychologist specializing in Addiction Counseling. Don't be afraid to ask your physician to recommend one.

If outpatient therapy and working a 12 step program doesnt work, then we can consider rehab. in the meantime, just remember that you've got to do this one second at a time. Just don't friggin use, dude.

Contact me if you want to talk more,

MS3

• Like 3

If you really want to quit, here's your plan:

Step #1 - read all the articles here about what to expect during the process

Step #2 - develop your strategy based on your new found knowledge

Step #3 - cut off your supply

Step #4 - quit taking the pills

Step #5 - grind it out

• Like 2