QuittingAdderall.com Forums

I love myself

kori

Okay this sounds Looney tunes but I had to start this topic. I don't like seeing what I wrote even just a few days ago. I have so much to be thankful for.

day 1...focusing on taking this beast on in little fragments at a time and allowing myself to not be my usual perfectionist self. and its okay! Determined to quit smoking as well.

I won't lie a part of me is terrified of the consequences of my abuse that I'm not even aware of yet. but I refuse to dwell in that. the future lies ahead. and its within reach...im here for a reason..I shouldve died

• Like 4

I can honestly say that in the short time that I have been clean (it’s been 40 something days) I have experienced a sense of gratitude for being alive and well. Everyday is a struggle but when you look around there is so much to be thankful for. This is just one of the little rewards that come with being off adderall.  :D

• Like 4

I can honestly say that in the short time that I have been clean (it’s been 40 something days) I have experienced a sense of gratitude for being alive and well. Everyday is a struggle but when you look around there is so much to be thankful for. This is just one of the little rewards that come with being off adderall.  :D

I'm proud of you Lunax. You are doing so well and your outlook is settled in the right places; gratitude and enjoying the small, tiny, beautiful things in life. You are an inspiration. Thank you.

• Like 2

Yes! This is for everyone. ANd I am proud to say I finally went to the library so I don't have to use my cell phone to post on here! Prayerfully I will be getting a lap top for Christmas ;) .....

I advise and encourage ANYONE to respond here...the title of the topic is not conceited or self-centered. I view it more as a beautiful revelation that you CAN love yourself! Most of us are still struggling...maybe tapering off, or just in bitter denial. Or even more heart breaking...being too ashamed to spill the truth online to what you could call "strangers". I know we all have demons...and they need to be released. I feel this is one of the healthiest and most confidential ways to do so. It is therapeutic, calming, and self assuring, as we all come together as a force to beat this deceitful medication. 

I encourage anyone who has the time, to post (maybe even a list) of their progress...no matter how little or small, its always progress...and post positive qualities about themselves. After all, you cant pour out love and compassion to other people if you are bone dry of it yourself. We all need to learn to love and forgive...and it starts with ourselves. 

• Like 2

As for me, today was rough. But who cares! That's life. Appreciate the struggle. If you persevere and endure, the end result is character. And day by day gaining back trust that was lost...showing people we've changed rather than just rambling on about our "plans" to change and then never executing them. Don't go balls to the wall at first, as you all know...even a simple walk or just overall being a little more productive than you were before...building a solid foundation starts with one brick at a time. Right now I feel like I am falling in quicksand...I built my house on the shore, and it swept me out into the sea for so many years. Thankfully God gave me grace...undeserved favor...and aNOTHER chance to build my foundation on a Rock.  Little by little you will see the positive attributes, and start to love yourself...and with that comes attitude change, and making it easier to love others. 

Quite a few of us have burned many bridges...but there are so many different paths we can take in life and we don't have to live in self condemning behavior. Your life is yours. Claim freedom from the slavery...and it will be yours. 

• Like 2

Thanks for caring justin...I read your post about confessing it to someone and you're right..it is completely necessary and you can't start to heal with no support from anyone. We always think everyone's gonna excommunicate us or treat us like we're some kind of monster. truth is most people are understanding and without those people it makes conquering this sickness extremely difficult.

• Like 1

This week has been a difficult one and its still not over but I'm just happy I have an appetite and can sleep. one of the worst things about this medication ...id go days without getting rest. I don't think I've had a solid good nights sleep in a very long time.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...