QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Day 1. Really? Back to life. Back to reality- for real.

Shambo

I have to vent.

Today is day 1. In the last 24 hrs I caught my 15 yr old smoking cigarettes and my 11yr old broke down and told me she has been having thoughts of killing us all in our sleep.

FUCK.

This isn't the easy going, tv watching, gentle itinerary I had planned for my quit.

I took my 11yr old to the dr today and we think she's dealing with a type of OCD. And everything is going to be ok. It sucks, but it is what it is.

Day 1. What a way to get started.

That wins for most challenging first day ever. It made me wonder about my motivations to start smoking. Maybe if you can get your 15 year old to talk about their motivation to smoke it would give you some clues on how to connect with them and help them go in a different direction. Or I could be completely full of crap. Anyways, I appreciated the 90's reference. Well, 1989 is close enough to the 90's right?

Haha! Yeah, that song..... It pops in my head when the shit hits the fan.

I handled my 15yr olds situation the best I could. We went out behind the house & I planned to do the obvious punishment- make her smoke till she pukes- it sounds pretty shitty reading that, but that's what I went with. When she started trying to light it, she saw I had my camera pointed at her & she burst out crying (I didn't take a picture) and I told her to pay attention to what she was feeling and why she felt it. I proceeded to explain how smoking feels shameful and all the crap that comes with it. She's seen me fail to quit so many times..... We talked for an hour or so. I think she got the picture.

It's almost bed time! Woohoo! Day 1 is done. I bought some supplements today. I really really really don't want to deal with depression. Unrealistic I know..... Oh well. Moving forward. To infinity and beyoooonnnnd!

You made it through day 1, congratulations!  Just keep putting one foot in front of the other and you will get through this.  I am happy to hear that you are communicating with your daughter, I hope that approach works as it is the one that I plan to use with my minions as they navigate that difficult part of life.

Day 5- fml.

I'm in such a shitty mood, I shouldn't be posting, but just popping by to say blah.

I'm not sure how I managed to get through yesterday. I had some pretty hilarious flubs. I was in charge of bringing a gallon of tea (which we don't drink at my house) and it seemed obvious to me that a gallon of tea contains 8 cups of sugar. And that's how I made it. If you find yourself in charge of making sweet tea, make a note to self, it doesn't take 8 cups of sugar. I'm pretty sure that's common sense:).

I'm eating. I'm napping. And I'm knitting. I'm down from smoking a pack or more a day to smoking 2-3 cigs total. I keep the tv going and trying to ride these first days out.

I'm not so happy, but I knew this would be a bitch. I do know it'll get better in a few more days.

Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving. Xoxo

• Like 2