QuittingAdderall.com Forums

I'm a Quitter

JustinW

I like the quote by Ron White "That boy's got a lot of quit in him" because it reminds me so much of myself.  When the tough gets going; I get gone.  There are many incomplete projects and adventures in my life; college, karate, and a reprap machine, to name a few.  When I reach a tough spot I tend to shut down and give up or find something easier to do.  The thing about quitting adderall is that it is tough but there's no giving up because the whole focus of quitting adderall is being a quitter.  This whole process has given me a new perspective on life.  It has helped me stick to my training to become a pilot and I am almost to the end of that process.  I had been avoiding my hobby project for the past couple of months until last night because it got difficult.  Last night, I went down to my workshop and planned to just spend time in the same room as my project.  I started going over each completed piece and began to admire the workmanship that I had done and then it hit me; I had done all that beautiful woodwork without adderall.  This realization moved me to organize a few things on my workbench and then make some small bits of progress.  I have logged about 245 hours on the project so far and I probably have spent double that time dreaming, schemeing, and planning different aspects of it.  I suspect that I am only about 1/4 of the way finished but I have learned a new coping strategy and that is to take a step back and admire the progress that I have made so far and not focus on the difficult road ahead.  Being a quitter is part of who I am, but that's not always a bad thing.

http://movieclips.com/kPvVg-bio-dome-movie-whos-a-quitter/

• Like 4