QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Crowd Sourcing - The 5 Question Challenge

JustinW

This topic is to present my concept for a new challenge to the community.  I believe that the "I Pledge Concept" is solid and I have no desire to detract from that process.

Please feel free to critique any of the questions or outcomes; and feel free to say that you think it is a stupid idea too.  It won't hurt my feelings any.

So, the challenge is to ask yourself 5 questions and then complete a series of tasks to answer those questions.  I believe that this is a good method because the thought of some of the required tasks scares me.

My suggested method of development is to come up with each question and make a list of possible outcomes for each question.  We can then use the list of outcomes to develop tasks that will help the challenger come to an answer.

The goal - Adderall use damaged our relationships with ourselves and others and this challenge may be a way to regain some lost ground.

I will update this list as often as feedback is recieved.  If nobody is interested, the thread will die and that's ok too.

Question #1:  What motivates you?

Outcomes: 

-money

-prestige

-affection

-food

-shelter

-adventure

-pressure (added 12/10)

Question #2:  What is your hobby type?

Outcomes:

-builder

-restorer

-designer

-artist

-outdoors person

-sports person

-thinker

-tinkerer

-learner

-teacher (added 12/10)

-reader (added 12/10)

Question #3:  What is your preferred method of helping others?

Outcomes:

-financier

-hospitality

-listener

-worker

-educator

-learner (added 12/10)

Question #4:  What is your exercise type? (added 12/10)

Outcomes:

-hiking

-isometrics

-calesthenics

-yoga

-weight lifting

Question #5:  ???

So, that's it.  I look forward to peoples' feedback.

#! What motivates me: money (of course), shelter, and adventure (getting outdoor). I am motivated to be around people I like. Nothing motivates me more than waiting until the last minute; Procrastination.

#2 Hobby type: outdoor person, art and teaching about the natural world.(outdoor photography, bird watching and feeding the birds hiking,) designer (interior: decor accents and flow and still life photography, building a bird santuary). Reading, learning.

#3 Helping others: Teaching; natural history, listener, worker, learning from others.

#4 What type of exercise motivates me? Hiking, isometrics, calesthentics. I would like to start practicing light yoga, I would like to exercise the will power muscle by getting out of bed sooner, even if I hsd a bad night sleeping.

Thank you Justin!