QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Scatterbrained

kori

Im on day 8 after quitting cold turkey...I can't seem to get my thoughts together. Any  suggestions on how to get a hold of my racing thoughts? I'm also sleep deprived so that's probably playing a huge factor. My mind and body just won't relax. It's like my brain is firing off in all directions.

One good thing I noticed today was that I was excited to have a day off so I could heal and recover. I was also excited to not be starting this day with a medication. I'm not craving it whatsoever....just craving stability and peace of mind.

To anyone who has faith, I could use prayer :)

• Like 2

The recovery process is non-linear; have patience and just work at taking life as it comes to you right now.  You will wake up one day and realize that you had some major break through and it will be a pleasant surprise.  Focus on acting like a human being and not a human doing.

• Like 2

I know I love that phrase! I actually used it more than a few times yesterday and it helped! It just kinda stuck with me.

I have a quick progress report....I am feeling pretty healthy today! It's only been..well I kinda lost track I think maybe 10-12 days...and I am already seeing so much improvement. Slowwwlly...but surely. Anndd I had no problem falling asleep, and STAYING asleep last night..at a reasonable hour too! And without melatonin or any other supplement(s).

I can say that its been hard to keep up with the daily responsibilities, but today it felt a little easier. A little more "bearable". Realistically, I didn't get tons of stuff accomplished, but I did a whole LOT more than yesterday. And if i beat myself up about not getting all of my stuff done, I would focus on human being and not human doing. I feel very encouraged today.

• Like 1