QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Day 9 and Even More Tired?

MeAgain

I think I've been strong and pushing through the effects of quitting, especially for the sake of my 4yo, her Valentine's Day and Olympics parties at preschool and all the stuff that entails for a parent, etc. But today it feels like I'm having a hard time staying upright! It's not sleepiness, nor even tired exactly, just this total inability to call forth some energy. I have to take a shower now and get back to her school in time for the events (my husband took her this morning), but the thought of that much activity makes we want to cry. I'm also getting really pissed off at myself because I've been doing really well, emotionally especially. Caffeine suddenly is making me nauseous, so that's out as an alternative. Is this further drop in energy normal? What can i do? Any advice folks? Thanks for listening either way!

red bull, 5 hour energy etc will take the edge off momentarily but  your body needs sleep. In early recovery i slept more than a toddler.  It gets better your brain is recalibrating and basically wants to shut down for repairs.  Minimize your commitments for the next month or so and catch as many zz's as possible.  Watch out for depression as well that can make you sleepy.  Exercise will give you some energy (i know this sounds impossible right now). Try doing quick yoga breaks or walks to reenergize.  Try green tea instead of coffee.  Early days are a struggle anything you can do to make life easy do it. ie ironing = drop it off at the dry cleaners. It will get better!! Love the struggle 

• Like 2

I lost coffee after 2 months. I couldn't drink it and not get really bad reflux. That was a hard hit, so I feel your pain. In the long run, it will be just another bad habit ditched. Substitute tea. I've been drinking green tea and ginger tea, Vita blend tea and my new favorite hot drink (no energy, just a feel good drink) White Miso soup with tofu in a 20 ounce cup.....ummmmm delishious!

I also strongly recomend a product called Zip Fizz energy shots. The 4 ounce bottles ( fruit punch flavor only). The other flavors don't taste as good. It's loaded with vitamin B-12 and the other usual suspects for energy like, taurine, caffine, green tea extract and ginseng extract. It gets rave reviews at Costco.com where you can buy it by the case. I'm sue you can find it on other online places. I've never sen it in stores. Even Costco stores don't carry it. They carry the ZipFizz powder, which isn't as good as the liquid energy shots.

Use your fortitude to push through this difficult pahse. You will get past it. It takes time and patience.

Keep up the good work. Both of you.

• Like 1