QuittingAdderall.com Forums

I'm doing it!

thedreamingtree

Great first post!  Welcome to the site as a member.  You know what you are up against since you had the experience last summer.  Kicking your p-doc to the curb is a good step, but consider seeing a therapist during this time so you have help processing your experiences in appropriate ways and so you can learn new coping mechanisms for stressors and triggers.  I hope this means that you have also come clean with your husband so he can support you during this time too.  Good luck on your quit and keep us up to date on your progress.

• Like 2

Thank you for replying! I have wanted to come clean to my husband but I keep backing out of doing it. He will be devastated and I just want  my adderall abuse to stop hurting the people I love. I know I should tell him, but I think I will wait until I am feeling a little better. In this situation I don't think his words will be supportive at first, and I don't want to go through this feeling like a bigger piece of shit than I already do.  I do need therapy, thank you for reminding me that I need to call around to find a counselor. I have been meaning to but of course put it off. 

I will keep you posted as I go through what is hopefully my final withdrawal period. Thanks again. 

• Like 1

Hi The Dreaming Tree,

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS!  That is so amazing that you told your doctor.  :)  AWESOMENESS!

Your post was exactly what I needed tonight and I am very appreciative that you shared with all of us.

Can't wait to hear more about your journey!

Hugs!

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Hi Again!

Sorry I posted and then left and didn't post any updates. I ended up finding another prescription of Adderall in my purse about 5 days after I posted my original message about quitting. I filled the prescription and abused the pills for about a week, and truly became Adderall free on or around March 18th. I still have not had any contact with my former doctor after calling him and "breaking up" with him like I said I did in my original post. 

I am hoping to get around to posting a new thread with my story soon, but it is hard to get a minute to myself with two kids needing all of my attention ;) I would like to say that although the last month has been hard, it has also been amazing! I feel like myself for the first time in a long time, and things are falling into place in every area of my life!